Wednesday, March 24, 2010

WIMST--The Mom Edition



Chief over at (Hiding From the Kids) is hosting What I meant to say Wednesday again.  So tell us what you really meant to say and go link it up with Chief.

Today's WIMTS is brought to you by my mom.  I love her dearly but she drives me nuts sometimes.  Last week over Spring Break she took Turbo to see family up north.  While she was there she hit some second hand stores.  That is all well and good but she saw some "wine glasses" and thought I might want them.  She called to check and got Nick on the phone and he said sure.  Now, what she brought home were water glasses goblets in a tulip shape, large heavy things that don't work as wine glasses unless you drink your wine in bulk.
What I said:  Those are pretty.  Thanks for thinking of me.
What I meant to say:  Oh God, Mom, those are so not my taste and they are not wine glasses.  I don't like them and we don't need them.  I don't care if they were cheap and wine glasses are on my wish list.  I don't want them.

When she came over the next day she checked to see if we had them in our cupboard yet.
What I said:  We were busy this weekend and haven't got them cleaned yet.  They may not all fit in the cupboard, you want some of them?
What I meant to say:  A couple might make it into the cupboard so you see us having them there but the rest are going in the attic until I can safely get rid of them.

I'll let you all know how the saga of the "wine glasses" works out.  I might even post a picture of the ugly things.

5 comments:

  1. Argh. I know this dilema. I have it at my house regularly. My MIL seems to think there are tons of housewares that I want, but don't buy because they're not in the budget. Really, I JUST DON"T WANT THEM!!! And yet, I get them for Christmas, my birthday, Mother's Day.

    Lucky us, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad that my mom and my MIL both dont ever buy me housewares type stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am blessed that my mother-in-law only gives CASH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOHHHH, I drink my wine in bulk!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mothers kill me! so many WIMTS are about mothers!

    Thank you so much for linking up! I know I am going AWOL but I gotta get some stuff worked out and then I will be back in full force! Don't forget about me!

    ex oh ex oh

    Chief!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails