Thursday, March 4, 2010

99 things about me.

Hey I thought this would be fun to do for today.  99 Things that I may or may not have done, and a little bit about the things I have done.  Michele at It's a Dog's Life did it and it looked fun. Let's see how many I have done.
  1. Started your own blog- In November of 2009.  I still pretty new to this.
  2. Slept under the stars -In California when I was five, at Jinks Lake. 
  3. Played in a band
  4. Visited Hawaii
  5. Watched a meteor shower - the Leonid shower in 2001.  Fantastic.
  6. Given more than you can afford to charity - never more than we can afford
  7. Been to Disneyland - 3 times as a child to Disneyland.  Twice as an adult to Disneyworld. 
  8. Climbed a mountain - lots, I'm a geologist, there's cool rocks on mountains.
  9. Held a praying mantis-when I was little-about 4 or 5
  10. Sang a solo - only with groups 
  11. Bungee jumped - no desire to try this one.
  12. Visited Paris - maybe some day.
  13. Watched a thunder and lightning storm- from our front porch we get the best view of ones that are hittng the next town over the hill.
  14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - I taught myself to scrapbook.
  15. Adopted a child
  16. Had food poisoning 
  17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty-GOt my picture taken in the crown when I was 12.
  18. Grown your own vegetables - when I was a kid and we now have small gardens that we coax into growing even at our elevation and short growing season.
  19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
  20. Slept on an overnight train several times on trips from California to Wyoming when I was a kid, but not in berths that turned into beds.
  21. Had a pillow fight-with my brother growing up.
  22. Hitch hiked
  23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - who hasn't?
  24. Built a snow fort as a kid and recently with Turbo.
  25. Held a lamb does haveing one suck on your fingers count?
  26. Gone skinny dipping
  27. Run a Marathon
  28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
  29. Seen a total eclipse Partial one in 1995
  30. Watched a sunrise or sunset- I've done both-sometimes by choice and sometime's because other people decided thta I should see them (I'm looking at you Bruiser).
  31. Hit a home run
  32. Been on a cruise On my honeymoon we had a day cruise out to Grand Bahama Island.  It sort of counts.
  33. Seen Niagara Falls in person- When I was twelve.  Got to take a boat to the bse and get all wet.
  34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors I know where my mom grew up but beyond tht the places are scatterd and diverse.
  35. Seen an Amish community At thanksgiving we went to Wisconsin and there are several Amish who live there.
  36. Taught yourself a new language - I have a scattering of words remembered from high school Spanish and college German and that's it.
  37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - How about scraping by?
  38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
  39. Gone rock climbing - Yes but I could never lead climb.
  40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
  41. Sung karaok -
  42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - Beautiful.
  43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
  44. Visited Africa
  45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - Again on our Honeymoon, we walked on the beach on Grand Bahama island in the moonlight.
  46. Been transported in an ambulance
  47. Had your portrait painted -I had a pastel portrait done to give to my mother.
  48. Gone deep sea fishing- Of the group of four I was the only one who did not throw up on the trip.
  49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
  50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
  51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - Snorkling off grand Bahama Island-so want to go agan.
  52. Kissed in the rain You bet, but not often-the rain we get is too cold most of the time.
  53. Played in the mud it squishes nicely between the toes.
  54. Gone to a drive-in theater -when I was a kid.  I saw The Raiders of the Lost Ark at the drive-in
  55. Been in a movie
  56. Visited the Great Wall of China
  57. Started a business
  58. Taken a martial arts class
  59. Visited Russia
  60. Served at a soup kitchen
  61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies- I was never a girl scout.
  62. Gone whale watching
  63. Got flowers for no reason - Nick used to but I like other things than flowers. 
  64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
  65. Gone sky diving
  66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
  67. Bounced a check - On occasion, much easier to avoid now that I can track my account on line. 
  68. Flown in a helicopter
  69. Saved a favorite childhood toy -My mom saved several.  I didn't have a girl and am not sure what to do with them now.
  70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
  71. Eaten caviar
  72. Pieced a quilt - Helped my mother piece one or two.
  73. Stood in Times Square- when I was twelve.
  74. Toured the Everglades-Nick has and wants to take me there.
  75. Been fired from a job - yes, I am not pushy enough to sell furniture.
  76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London -I think so, but I was like one and don't remember.
  77. Broken a bone -Only my toe when it met a stool harder than it was.
  78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle - a couple of times, once was a harley with big steel workers going through town to Strugis.
  79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - Camped overnight when Turbo was not quite two.  Spectacular.
  80. Published a book
  81. Visited the Vatican
  82. Bought a brand new car - yes, but much prefer slightly used cars. Easier on the pocket book.
  83. Walked in Jerusalem
  84. Had your picture in the newspaper - several times in high school--for sports and drama.
  85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve 
  86. Visited the White House
  87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - I've fished and prepared those for eating, perpared lots and lots of game animals for freezing and I've cooked lots of wild meat.
  88. Had chickenpox - at age five.
  89. Saved someone’s life -I was a life guard for several summers and I pulled out at least one little girl who got in over her head.
  90. Sat on a jury
  91. Met someone famous
  92. Joined a book club - I've joined the selling type but not the reading type.
  93. Got a tattoo
  94. Had a baby - two beautiful boys.
  95. Seen the Alamo in person - Twice on the outside.
  96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
  97. Been involved in a law suit
  98. Owned a cell phone - under protest form my husband-he hates them
  99. Been stung by a bee - once and then I stepped on one once.
Well I have done 50 of the thngs on the list.  Not too bad.  If you want to play just copy and paste and bold the things you have done.  Give a short comment about what you did.  It's fun.

1 comment:

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails