Monday, March 1, 2010

MEme Monday--Kiss and Tell


MEme Monday is all about your first kiss.  Gos see SupahMommy and Mommybrain to tell about your first kiss.




My first kiss was not really memorable.  I was a late bloomer and I was 16 before I got kissed by a guy.  It was nothing special.  I don't even remember the guy's name.  I know, but really it was nothing to write home about.  I do however remember the first time Nick kissed me.  It happened on our first date.  After we went to see Groung Hog Day we went to his place.  He lived in a trailer that was outside of the city limits.  It was redneck central very college guy decorating.  Oh, and the plumbing was hit and miss--the bushes outside.  Made a great impression on me. 

He and his roommate had a cat and a dog.  (Don't rush me, the cat and dog are important to the story.)  Anykisses, we were hanging out at his place until his friend got off work so we could go there and watch videos.  As we were talking, Nick sort of moved in and then the dog wanted out.  More talking and then the cat wanted in.  Again more talking and moving in and then the dog wanted in.  Finally Nick got frustrated enough to just say, "Man I want to kiss you but I keep getting interrupted."  So I went to stand in front of him and said, "Then just kiss me."  And we did.  Tingles down to my toes.  There was no awkward tongue wiggling, no sloppiness, no tonsil hockey.  It worked great and must have had some magic cause we are still together today.

I had had other first kisses with guys I had dated.  But Nick was endearing with his attempts to be smooth and then his frustrated request.  It was nice to have a guy not just assume that a kiss was a foregone conclusion.  Yeah I was in college and had dated my share of conceited 18 and 19 year olds.  Nick was genuinely nice.  I liked that.  Enough to stay with him for the next 17 years and 3 days.  But who's counting?

5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet story!!! Wow... a very special first kiss indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cute story! LOL at the dog and cat. They were just preparing you for kids interrupting all the time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ the cat and dog... What an awesome story. Congrats on being together for seventeen years (and 3 days)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet memory. Beats my first kiss story. Yuck. I'm still trying to block that image from my brain. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww that is sweet! It reminds me of my first kiss with my man! Thanks for stopping by yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails