Monday, March 29, 2010

MEme Monday--Home


with
and




What's your most favorite part of your home?

Is it a special reading nook?

Is it the broom closet you hide in ?

Is it your drawer pulls in the kitchen that took 34 years to re-do?

Is it your deck on a summer night?

Show us in a picture and tell us in words.

What's your most favorite part of your home.


My favorite part of my home...I like lots of the parts of my home.  We have wonderful gardens that look great in the summer, (now not so much).  We are halfway through a kitchen remodel (will be finished when the money comes available to do the other half of the cabinets).  I like the changes we have made in the kitchen and will love it when it is finished. 

I love our main bathroom--remodeled about four years ago and oh so much better than what we had before.  I love our basement, which has been remodeled completely since we moved in.  Our bedroom and Bruisers is down there.  It is cool in the summer, pleasent in the winter and feels really nice down there. 

But right now my favorite place is the master bathroom we put in a year and a half ago.  I had always wanted a master bathroom with two sinks.  We didn't put in a large master bath but we were able to get those two sinks, and a tub shower combo.  It is just the right size.  I really love have my private bath, especially with two small boys in the house.  The tub is deep and perfect for soaking and reading a book with a glass of wine and I have my sink and Nick has his.  His shaving debris stay on his side and I don't have to worry about stray hairs in my concact lenses.  It's marvelous. 

I'll post pictures later.  Promise.

OK, here are the promised pictures.  I also need to mention that I am so lucky because my marvelous husband is handy and can do most of the remodel work himself (with minor help from me).  The bathroom is not completely finished--trim and such-- but it is so usable.

6 comments:

  1. Our master bath has yet to be redone. Our bedroom/bath is the last of the bedrooms to be redone. Right now, we're doing the basement. Hopefully we'll eventually get to our bedroom and bath!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to lik eour bathroom, until the cat decided to deface it by breaking the blinds and urinating on my cabinet while we were on vacation. Now, it needs a total remodel! And we need to get that cat out! Only, my littlest LOVES her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it. I'm moving in. Nick won't mind sharing a bathroom with the boys, right? LG and o monopolize the only tub in our house right now. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I have to write again. Because my word verify? Was "Pantasms"! What the hell? What is a pantasm? If it's made up, we're making it real, right now. So, what do you think a pantasm should be? Sounds dirty to me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, now I have Master Bath envy. Our bathroom is kind of pathetic, cause we spent all our money on the house, and now can't do any remodeling. I'd give my left arm for a Jacuzzi bathtub! And some good lighting. Nothing like a bathroom with excellent lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im hoping to redo my master bath later this year and cant wait!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails