- We are sort of winging child care this summer. My mom is taking three day a week and the other two we are patching together how ever it works out. We will muddle through, but worrying about it has given me one or two sleepless nights.
- Things are flooding around here. We have water this year. Lots of water. And it's raining today. Reduces fire danger. Increases the mosquitoes. We will be sporting eu de bug spray in the next week or so.
- This has been a busy week for Turbo. Tuesday he had a field trip to the mountains. Wednesday was class picnic at the park. Thursday was field day and awards ceremony. Today is a half day and he finished with elementary school. On to junior high, middle school, whatever you want to call it. I think he's ready for it. Not so sure I am.
- Our weekends are booked for the next month it looks like. This weekend is getting things ready in the camper for camping season. Next weekend we celebrate Turbo's birthday party with his friends. Weekend after hopefully we can go camping. Then the next weekend is Nick's birthday. We get one weekend of no plans then it's Fourth of July. Busy, busy, but hopefully having fun.
- Turbo is almost through his month long challenge of no video games. He has done well. We gave him a pass for his birthday, but otherwise he has not played video games at all for the last 29 days. He needs to get through tomorrow and then he wins the challenges and the $100 that Nick promised. We are pretty proud of the kid for pulling it off.
|This little man graduated.|
|This kid turned 11.|
|A rare moment of stillness from both.|
|the field trip.|
|The cactus are in bloom.|