Wednesday, November 30, 2011

WWTK--Working on the Railroad

Not really, but it sounded good.  Time to do the We Want To Know thing again.  It's all about work, and the questions come from Queso this week.
  1. What is the worst job you have ever had?  The worst job I ever had was cold calling to try to sell insurance.  I failed miserably.
  2. Have you ever been fired?  Why yes, yes I was.  I got fired by the furniture store I worked at shortly after Nick and I got married.  I was awful at selling furniture.  I was so not pushy enough.
  3. What would your dream job be?  I had my dream job.  I worked from home as a consulting geologist.  I got fired from that job too, well maybe more laid off as the company downsized when the recession hit.  To top things off the day I got the news I was being officially laid off, I went into labor with Bruiser.  Doesn't sound all that fun does it?  The job I have now comes as close as I could probably come to having a dream job.  My hours are flexible, I get benefits, and I like what I do.  All good things.
  4. What did you want to be when you "grew up"?  I really would have loved to work in a library or museum.
  5. How old were you when you got your first job?  The first job I got paid for that I had to pay taxes for was life guarding at the outdoor pool when I was 16.
So go join in and answer the questions and let us know about your work history.  Mamarazzi (taking a break), Crazymama, and Queso would love to see you join in.


Photobucket


10 comments:

  1. I would like to work in a library, i love the smell of books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A library would be right up my alley!! Though it does seem like it would get boring when it's slow. More time to read though lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not all that pushy either. No. Really. Hush. I'd never make it if I had to work for commission.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not good at sales either. Just not me. I got laid-off two a month and a half before my baby E was born. Nothing like trying to find work while huge pregnant. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, a library would definitely be cool! I'd have been in the same boat if I'd had to do cold-calls selling insurance. I'm not pushy, I hate talking on the phone, and I cry when people are rude...so all in all, I think would've hated that too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm horrible at sales, too...and that makes me remember another job I hated. A sales associate in a lingerie department in a big store like Macy's. Hated that. A consulting geologist sounds interesting! I'd love to work in a museum - you could learn so much. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i could never do sales either.

    library would be awesome and your current job sounds just right!


    lame you got laid off the day you went into labor. which came first? (the chicken or the egg?) ;)

    thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Late by a day but I used to want to work in a museum too. That would be so awesome! I have a friend in D.C. who curates a small apothecary shop turned museum and I am totally envious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i kinda like my job. i think mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not a good salesperson either. So when I worked in mall stores, I always got nitpicked for stupid stuff--didn't fold that shirt right--seriously--instead of just coming out and saying, "Hey your sales need to be this....and they are not." Mall jobs suck almost as much as waitressing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails