Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Talking Random

Tuesday.  It's here again.  Time to random and talk to ya.

  • I'm not sure where the boys have gotten it but they both have had come backs for us that have bordered on smart mouthed.   They are both still young enough for it to be kind of funny, but I am in serious trouble when they get older.  Bruiser has told both Nick and I to 'Just deal with it'.  Turbo told me the other day 'that is just the way it is'.  The teen years are going to be interesting.
  • The neighbors that we were having troubles with are moving.  They are planning on renting out their old house.  Oh goody!  Renters.  I think this will be good for Turbo.  Those girls are starting with the exclusion and teasing that you see in middle school already.  It's not just innocent little kid stuff either.  It really makes me mad because we can't really say anything to their parents.  Nothing would come of it because "Our preshuous angels wouldn't do that!"  At least Turbo has a good friend that lives only a few blocks away.
  • The last few mornings I have been waking up at about 3-3:30am.  And not really going back to sleep, just sort of dozing until 5:45am when I usually get up.  I hate insomnia.
  • Turbo gets to go to the dentist today.  And we get to get can lights for the basement laundry room.  Since both of these things must happen outside of town they get lumped together.
  • I really got my bake on this weekend.  I made cinnamon rolls (they weren't that good, will have to try another recipe), Papa's Brownies (that work perfectly at our altitude), and I made buttery rolls for Thanksgiving.  It was nice to get back in the kitchen and create yummy stuff.
  • This next weekend Christmas will hit our house.  We are going Christmas Tree hunting in the mountains.  We plan on bundling up the boys and taking the skis and sleds and going to find the best, least Charlie Brownish tree we can.  The last two years we cheated and used a fake pre-lit tree.  i missed the twinkling multicolored lights and the smell of  a real tree.  But with a baby and a barely toddling little one a fake tree was way easier.  This year we are doing the real thing.
Well I'm off the find a piece of paper to write a note for Turbo to get him out of school so he can go to the dentist today.  Sounds like fun, don't you wish you were us?  Don't answer that.
Go see Stacy for more random.
And go see Shawn and Impulsive for more Talking To Us Tuesday.

Seriously Shawn

15 comments:

  1. Haha! I wonder where the boys get those sayings. LOL.

    And crazy...I have been waking up at 3-330 also. It's the witching hour, you know. {enter Twilight Zone music}

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm such a fake tree kind of girl. i remember having to water and sweep up pine needles when i was little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really love a real Christmas tree, I have never had one. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate crappy neighbors! And the dentist.

    Good Luck with your tree hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the seasonal design!
    John just hauled our (fake) tree into the house so we're going the prelit route again, but Sprite is so excited to decorate, it makes the fake route feel a little less fake. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new page design! So nice!!

    My 6-year-old nephew can come out with the most smart-mouthed thingsm, and his almost-3-year-old sister isn't far behind. I blame school. lol

    Good luck with your tree hunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate waking up just before the alarm clock and not being able to go back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going through the waking up in the middle of the night thing lately, and it is not fun..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the sound of those baked goods. I'm sorry about the naught neighbors. Good riddance to them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that would be fun to hunt a real tree in the mountains... what a great memory to make.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss the real tree smell too but can't stand the needles everywhere....

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the new look and over the yers i've gotten use to the fake trees here in FL real trees are hard to keep alive

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a pre-lit Christmas tree that I used for the first time last year. It works. I like it but I've never had a real one. EVER! Not even growing up. I'm sure I'd burn the house down. I think you have to water them or something.

    Anyway, thanks for linking up!! I'm going slightly crazy in Oklahoma right now so I'm sorry I'm just now commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can so relate to your first comment. I'm scared too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love my real trees. We get one every year. Of course there isn't anywhere around to go cut our own down, but that sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails