Wednesday, November 23, 2011

WWTK--Thanksgiving, of course

So let's answer the questions from the lovely Crazymama:

  1. What is your favorite food item at Thanksgiving dinner?  I like the turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy.  I like the stuffing I make.  Really I like the way these things go together.
  2. What is your least favorite?  The cranberry sauce.  I just don't get why it's part of the meal, other than it's only served then.
  3. Do you have a favorite pie?  Pumpkin.
  4. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?  I make ham and swiss crescent rolls and we watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in the morning.
  5. Black Friday shopping?  Do you participate in the delightful running through the stores in the wee hours of the morning madness or hibernate at home and shop online?  I participate every other year.  My friend (who's also family in a sort of distant way) goes every other year to spend thanksgiving with family out of town.  When she is in town we go together to the bigger town about an hour away and shop, but not at the ridiculously early hours.  Leaving town at 5am is about our limit.  This year she is out of town, but Nick and I might go hit Kmart or Walmart Friday morning to try and score a Blueray player.  Or a toy or two for the boys.  But only if we can find someone to watch the boys.
Now go see Crazymama and Queso for more answers to these pressing questions.


Photobucket




6 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE the cranberry sauce, but only the kind my mom makes...it has jello and cool whip with it, so it's delicious! But I don't discriminate on my thanksgiving foods. Other than the green bean casserole...I always pass on that :-)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have come to appreciate the cranberry flavor added to turkey, it does give it a lift, but I will be passing on most of the good stuff this year, thanks to going mostly natural. Oh, well. No bread. Happy Thanksgiving, Vandy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do cranberries either but JR loves that canned jellied stuff. I'm not sure how he can stand it. *sigh*

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only do cranberries with turkey - a litte teeny bite with a bit of turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy & stuffing on the fork! Mmm....Ohh so jealous! haha! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cranberrries. I totally agree. I always pass on those.

    Fun you go every other year. Good luck if you go again! Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails