Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Random Thoughts and Musings

Time to random it up with the stand in queen of Random Tuesday, Stacy.  So here goes:

  • We have so much candy in our house right now we could start our own candy shop.  We wouldn't be in business long, but holy heck those plastic pumpkins hold a lot of candy.  And when you have two little minions out begging for treats you end up with quite the hoard.  Or, you know, a honking huge bowl of candy on the counter.
  • I was so proud of Bruiser last night.  After playing mute downtown, I was unsure if he would even say anything while trick or treating last night.  Not only did he talk, he said trick or treat without prompting, thank you when prompted, and happy Halloween to most of the generous people the kids hit up last night.
  • We are expecting more snow today and tonight.  Like 5-9 inches.  The last snow storm has not melted away yet.  Winter is here.  Oh well, it just means we can get out skiing sooner--cross country anyway.
  • I'm really hoping to sleep in this weekend.  Nick is hoping to do home improvement.  Otherwise we have no plans.  Right now anyway.
  • I may be missing on Thursday.  Both Nick and I have a training class to attend for work.  Shhh, but this gives us a trip out of town without the kids.  Bliss.  Even if we really have a long day in a class and then along drive home.
  • Tootsie rolls are good and addicting--no really, try eating just one.  I have to have at least two.  After that I need to wait a bit before I have another two, but I really can't eat just one at a time.
So that is my random for the week.  Go see Stacy for more.
And double dipping for Talk to Us Tuesday with Seriously Shawn and Impulsive Addict.

Seriously Shawn

14 comments:

  1. i'm trying to ration g's candy but it's tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...now I need to find a tootsie roll in my kids' candy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ick more snow... at least you have all that candy! that's the silver lining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so I picked out all of Emma's tootsie rolls from her bag and sent them to work with Mike. I can't STAND them! I should have mailed them to you!

    Emma said something that resembled Trick or Treat but it was prompted by me. DANG IT. And she kept trying to go into everybody's house.

    5-9 inches of SNOW? Ew.

    Thanks for linking up with us, Vandy!
    .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tootsie rolls. Mmmm. The kind that are other flavors rock too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved it last night when the little kiddies said trick-or-treat and thank you - even when they were prompted by their moms and dads. Most of them were much more polite and grateful than the teens who grabbed their candy and ran (too many of them this year!)

    No Tootsie rolls for me - I have a big bowl of leftover candy hanging around, though, and I should've just dumped it in the last group's bags to get rid of it! yikes! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stay warm and safe with all that snow. I am not looking forward to that white crap!

    Now I'm wanting a tootsie roll, gonna get in the kids stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those plastic pumpkins DO hold more than you think. I went through two bowls before I admitted there was more in there than it seemed. And yeah, we have an abundance of stuff I definitely do not need to be eating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish my hubby was handy--if he was trying to do handy stuff, there would be no way I could sleep in, he wouldn't know where to find anything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I buy back 90% of the kids Halloween candy every year then after I remove a few select pieces for myself we throw it away! They're $10 richer and my jeans still fit the first week of November!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love the flavored tootsie rolls a lot. And yea- the candy needs to leave the house or it will undo everything I have done

    ReplyDelete
  12. More snow??? Sounds like it's going to be a crazy winter!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. snow?!! SO jealous! it was 82 here today :( blegh I'm tired of the heat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tootsie Rolls are my all time favorite. Have a great time at your workshop.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails