Monday, November 21, 2011

November Thanks

Today I think a list of things I am thankful for is in order.  After all it is November--the month of Thanksgiving and the time of year when almost everyone at least tries to be thankful.
  • My family--they top the list.  Turbo and Bruiser exasperate me and thrill me daily.  They can have me laughing and turn around and make me think seriously about selling them to the first bidder--toys included.  But I love them dearly.  Nick is my rock, my supporter, my biggest cheerleader.  He gives me love, understands me and takes good care of me.  I love him and have for the last 18+ years.
Love this man!

Love this little guy!

Love this goofy kid!

  • My home--it's not much but it's ours (and the bank's).  Nick talks about getting something bigger, but I really like our location and our small mortgage.  
  • My job--I get to do something I like doing.  It's fun and challenging and the thing I went back to school for.  I'm also lucky that the hours are flexible and the benefits are pretty good.  I like the people I work with, which is a bonus.
  • My friends--both online and off.  I have a hard time making friends with people.  I have a defensive shell that I have a hard time letting down.  Finding the blogging community was one of the best things I ever did.  I have "met" some fabulous ladies and I consider them my friends.  Blogging has also helped me to reconnect with an old friend.  I also have a couple of friends that I have developed over the last year that really help do the in real life stuff, like shopping, going out for a drink...  
  • The grandparents--without them we would never be where we are.  They watch our kids while we work.  This is such a huge help.  I love them, even when they drive us nuts and they are masters at that trick.
  • My health.  I've been pretty healthy, barring the kidney stone issues I had.  I'm lucky that I am as healthy as I am.
So that is the major things I'm thankful for as this holiday season kicks off.  I know I've seen lots of other people putting what they are thankful for out there.  Here is my humble list.  What are you thankful for as Thanksgiving approaches?

10 comments:

  1. What a great list of things to be thankful for! I did my Thanksgiving List back in October when we had our Canadian Thanksgiving. It's a great idea to write it all out - makes you realize what you DO have, and how blessed we are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If not for our families, what would we blog about? Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all really great things for which to be thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading these Thankful posts. It reminds me that I should be a little more thanful and a little less "entitled".

    ReplyDelete
  5. The men in your life are so handsome!

    I still don't know if I believe that you have a hard time making friends. You're so sweet in bloggyland!

    We have amazing parents that help us with Emma. They are a lifesaver! Have a great Monday my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you a lot of wonderful things to be thankful for

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, have made some good friends in the blogosphere! Yay internet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful list Vandy, you truly are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list. It is something I should take a page from.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lot to be thankful for! I think people forget to be thankful for the everyday things.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails