Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Random Tuesday

So it's time to be random again.
  • Migraines suck!
  • Being a mom with a migraine sucks worse.
  • Turbo about has the theme for The Big Bang Theory memorized.  I think it is his most favorite part of the show.
  • Is anyone doing the ridiculous black Friday shopping?  Like the midnight stuff?  We might go to Kmart, but Kmart's hours are sort of normal.  Only 5am to 11am.  How completely mundane.  I'm so not getting up at midnight to go to Walmart.  I haven't seen a good sale there that makes it worth it. 
  • The transition to a big boy bed has gone without a hitch for Bruiser.  Now to think about potty training.  Which he has expressed absolutely no interest in.  This is going to be interesting.  Think of all the fun I'm going to have.
  • Still not sure what we are going to get Bruiser for Christmas.  We might be able to get away with some Matchbox Cars and some Cars toys.  Maybe a monster truck or two.  He won't really know the difference.  But I think I will feel just a bit guilty.  What do you do for an almost three year old?  And we have to think about the fact that his birthday is a month after Christmas.  So, any suggestions would be welcome.
  • Turbo is easy.  A model or two form Hobby Lobby, a couple of Lego kits, a video game or two and he's set.
  • Now for a few tips:
  • Don't eat yellow snow.
  • Don't play leap frog with a unicorn.
  • And remember, it wasn't the apple in the tree but the pair on the ground that caused the trouble in the garden of Eden.
And there you have it.  Random Tuesday with Stacy--go link up and see the other random posts for the week.
Also go see Shawn and Impulsive Addict for Talk To Us Tuesday.


15 comments:

  1. I love you tips! No eating yellow snow here. lol. I have no desire to do any Black Friday shopping, but my DH is talking the notion of exploring the option of doing this, this year just for the fun of it. With that being said, you can count on one thing for sure, we won't make any late night trips on Thanksgiving night. It'll have to wait for more sane hours when perhaps all the insanity has broken loose. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma's birthday is 3 weeks before Christmas. I feel your pain. She's gonna get so much crap! Last year, I stuck 1/2 of her gifts in a closet (unopened) and gave her a new toy every month or so. Now I'll probably have to repeat that.

    I'm not doing Black Friday this year. I won't have room in my luggage to haul it back PLUS the airport luggage checkers steal.

    Thanks for linking up with us Miss Vandy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty much have the Big Bang Theory theme song down pat too...it's wonderful. :)

    No Black Friday shopping for me...although I'd love to go some year. People up here make a whole big weekend extravaganza of it - pack up and head across the border to Syracuse, usually. Maybe some year I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband suffers from those nasty headaches too. -- and even when it's over, it wears him out!

    Have a FAB day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hubby is hitting up Target at midnight because they have the Kinect plus 2 games for $99 so I guess it's worth it. I would like to go but don't want to be with all the crazies. Plus someone has to stay home with the kids!

    And I agree...migraines suck horribly. Especially with kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tips! I hope that you are feeling better! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm NO NO and NO to Black Friday shopping - personnaly I think those people are crazy. And now I know two geologists :) stopping in to follow from today's hop. Hope you can visit soon and return the favor - oh and check out my book that's on sale right now through Amazon - yes, that was a shameless plug but it is only $0.99 :) www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol love it!! And most def i will not be eating any snow of any color that is not white lol because brown snow is just as bad as yellow smh lol
    As far as Black Friday I think I will be tired after i get off from work!!
    Great response!

    Loves and likes ya <3
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tips! I don't get Black Friday either. After cooking for days, the last place in the world I'd want to drag my tired butt is a WAlmart or a K-mart! I guess if you had a big family, and needed to buy a bunch of electronics it would be worth it, but I can't imagine. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Giggling at the Don't eat yellow snow. My mom used to tell us that when we were kids...

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You poor thing! My sinus headache is driving me crazy - don't know how I'd manage a migraine. Feel better soon!!

    Turbo and Princess Nagger would get along famously - she has the BBT theme memorized, too - and she loves the dinosaur flashes. ;)

    I'm not doing the Black Friday insanity - I'm resolute on finding any of the deals online instead. They sometimes have the same Black Friday specials online...no crowd fighting for me! :)

    HA! Your tips cracked me up! And I've made note. ;)

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving! :)


    Dino Nest, Giant Angry Bird, New Driveway, Geeky Gifts and Foggy Brain Take 2

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to agree with you on the migraine thing.

    And the unicorn thing is a good tip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oucj!! migranes suck and love the tips especially the grden one

    ReplyDelete
  14. No black friday shopping for me. I can't stand being out in those crowds. Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Walmart at regular hours is pretty wretched, at midnight it would be even worse! Good call!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails