Wednesday, October 12, 2011

WWTK--When I don't feel so good...

News!  there is a new host for WWTK--Crazymama!  Welcome on board and here we go:

  1. What is your feel better remedy when you are sick?  It depends on how I feel sick.  Saltines and 7-up for an upset stomach, hot toddies for sinus stuff (Nick makes the best hot toddies), zoning out to TV and doing nothing for just about all of it.
  2. When illness strikes, what is your policy on staying home from work, school or church with yourself and the family?  Again it depends on how sick I am or the kids are.  I can really tell when they are not themselves and they will stay home when they are truly sick. Fevers, vomiting or unusual lethargy mean stay home.  A cough with nothing else?  Off to school.  I probably go to work sick more often than I should, but that could change now that I have sick leave.  It's way easier to stay home when it won't make a big impact on the paycheck.
  3. What do you think is worse?  Flu or cold?  Most definitely the flu.  It hits harder and really packs a wallop.   However, colds linger and that can be annoying.
  4. Flu shots?  Do you get them? Have you yet?  No I don't.  I'm sure that they work fine for some people, but I haven't run into anyone that said great things about the flu shot, expect for "They" who say you should get one.
  5. When you are feeling down, what is your usual, go-to therapy? (retail. exercise, comfort food, etc.)  I'd love to do retail therapy, but Nick and the checking account cry at the mere mention of shopping.  there's no time for exercise in the schedule right now, I don't really do comfort food either.  But a good book and time to read it goes a long way toward making me feel better.
And there you have it, what I do when I'm not feeling 100%, although to be honest it takes getting to about 50% before mom really gets a break.
Go join Mamarazzi, Queso and Crazymama for more We Want to Know fun.

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Probably the reason I've never gotten a flu shot either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotten a flu shot every year for about the past 7 years and have never had the flu since. For me...I'm a believer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cream of chicken soup and 7-up always make me feel better! Is that weird?

    I've never had the flu shot but I've also never had the flu so I'm not gonna mess up a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed that most people like 7-up when they are sick. But I like Coke!

    ReplyDelete
  5. crackers can offset anything. I have used them even to help me swallow medicine easier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homemade matzo ball soup will always make me feel better when I'm under the weather. And a hot shower followed by warm blankets. When I'm sick, my internal temperature suffers too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to zone out in front of the TV too. I can't simply lie in bed because I'll think too much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The make cold meds... take them move on but the flu.. that's nasty stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 78up is totally reserved for being sick for me. i can't drink it when i am well because it makes me think i am sick.

    recipe for hot toddie please...

    thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 7 up is always good when the tummy is feeling bad and glad to know i'mnot the only one that doesn't get a flu shot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooohhh Saltines, I totally forgot to list those on mine. Those are A MUST!!!

    Hot Toddies... yes please!

    I wish retail therapy was more of an option at times. I was telling Mamarazzi that I think each woman should be allotted a retail therapy budget each month by their state. Wouldn't that be AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 7 Up and crackers are awesome for an unsettled tummy.

    I'm with you on the flu shots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like your remedy! It resembles what I do bc my mom always did that. LOL.

    Flu shots...ditto!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your quote at the end...so true about mom needing to be at about 50% before she gets a break!! and it drives me NUTS when my kids have colds because their coughs and runny noses last FOREVER! thanks for linking up girl! love the festive layout :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails