Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WWTK--Food, Food, Food

Time to answer it up and link it up with Mamarazzi and Queso!
This week is all about food.  Since I love food and cooking this one is right up my alley.

  1. What is one thing (food or drink) that you must have everyday?  It used to be sunflower seeds, because I nibbled on them when I read.  I don't get to read near as much any more so there really is not anything that I must have. I never got hooked on coffee, me and caffeine don't get along so well.
  2. What is your one "go to" food when you don't feel well/need comfort?  When I don't feel good, like upset stomach, I turn to saltines and seven up.  For comfort there's always chocolate.
  3. Is there a dish that you make that people request when they visit your home/a family favorite?  We don't get visitors all that often but a few family favorites are Chicken Cordon Blue, Clam Chowder and Chuckwagon Pork Ribs. For an easy dinner we love to do Italian Sausage and green or red peppers with noodles.  Now I'm getting hungry.
  4. What are 3 foods you have TRIED and do not like and will never eat again?  Liver(in any form), raw onions (cooked are OK), and my mom's apple raisin dressing.   Now I'm not so hungry.
  5. What's one thing that you love to eat that most people would think is weird and/or gross? (question from Dee @ HomesickCajun)  When I was younger I liked to eat dry cake mix. I also like wild meat--antelope, deer and elk.  We use it in place of beef for a lot of things. 
So let us know your food quirks.
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Chuckwagon pork ribs sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby likes eating wild meat as well but I do not - i will cook it for him and if its ground beef form (like deer) and its in spaghetti sauce and i don't know of it, i will eat it and won't even notice, but if i know it's going in there, watch out - i will not eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple raisin dressing? What on earth is in that???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, liver is gross!!!! But, I do love me some raw onions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My parents love liver - the smell of it frying makes me stomach sick!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Organ meat is so gross to me. The smell, the thought and the taste.

    We sprinkle dry cake mix on ice cream, but never at it just plain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dry cake mix is the bomb diggidy!! I love it especially when there are lumps and you can pick them up and the powdery goodness explodes in your mouth...mmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't do liver either. My hubs loves it, but not this girl! He is on his own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The more of these post I read, the hungrier I get

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even when I was eating meat I wouldn't eat liver.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dad loves to go deer hunting. You and he would get along famously no doubt since you liked it as kid. I've heard of folks hunting for elk, but you know, I just never thought about antelope. I'm not a big fan of wildlife for my food source -- too gamey tasting, you know? Some people swear to it they have perfected their seasoning techniques like my folks and just love venison! Thanks for your offering your input on the newest Blogger feature.

    Stop by today to read these posts…
    Wayback Wednesdays…1992
    Chit Chat on Patrice’s Farmhouse Porch

    Autumn wishes!
    Cathy Kennedy,
    Children's Author, “The Tale of Ole Green Eyes”

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have never been one for wild game, but once (when i was in Wyoming, coincidentally) i tried Buffalo for the first time and it was pretty darn good!!

    thanks for linking up, i always love your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love me some chocolate girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now I'm wanting the recipe to your chicken cordon bleu and clam chowder...sounds so yummy!

    Great answers this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dry cake mix, huh?! I may have to try that. I do like to eat the cake batter ... especially white cake. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  16. no caffeine?! i would die!! i have never tried dry cake mix OR wild game...and i don't know that i ever will, lol. my friend made us chili with wild game meat and i was way too chicken to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sunflower seeds used to be a big favorite too and I love Chicken Cordon Blue! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails