Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday, Monday...

So, it's Monday.  And it has truly been a Monday.  I got to take the cat to the vet.  I get to go in for a wellness check today so, doctor visit, yay?  I didn't sleep last night.  At least Bruiser was in a good mood this morning.
As for our weekend, well, I didn't really do much at all.  Nick cleaned up our driveway.  The backyard work with the pavers produced a large amount of extra dirt, which had been piled in the driveway.  Nick got it moved and the driveway cleaned up--it looks great.  I succeeded in eliminating the dust rhinos.  Not much of a comparison, but I did rearrange the living room too.  We had to unearth the heat vent.  Yes it is time to turn the furnace on again here.
Sunday morning my mom came and watched the kids so Nick and I could go four wheeling.  It was fun and good to get out.  The stink of it is that all weekend I was extra irritable and out of sorts.  I don't know why, but gah, I could not work up excitement, or even happiness really.
To make things even more fun, on Saturday evening, I noticed a sore and swollen place on Piper's right jaw.  We think she got in a scrap with a neighborhood cat and got an abscess.  The place got puffier and puffier and she has lost the hair in that area.  Last night some of it drained, but it still looked nasty this morning, so off to the vet she went.
So with feeling all out of sorts and worrying about Piper, I didn't really sleep last night.  So, yeah, Monday.  Wish it were any other day but today.
Much rather be hanging out in the yard with these guys.
On a brighter note I won the Funny Blogger award over at Leigh vs. the Laundry.  Go check it out!

7 comments:

  1. Girl I feel you pain on so many levels. Here's to a better week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has to look up from here, right? The week WILL get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya that's enough to make you cranky. have a glass of wine tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry your spirits were low, but looking at that picture of Turbo, how could they stay that way? I'm smiling now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on winning and I hope you get feeling better. plus what a cute pic of Turbo how adorable is he :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really really hate when I'm irritated and there's no reason for it at all. Hopefully now that Monday is done and over with the rest of your week will be smooth sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your award.

    Sorry your weekend left something to be desired and hope your kitty is better soon.

    Hopefully the rest of the week picks up.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails