Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter--Eggs, Friends, and Doing Nothing

We had a great weekend.  It was pretty low key over all.  We so needed a weekend like that.
Friday evening Turbo played that infernal Minecraft, but now he has a friend that plays with him and that makes it a bit better. After we drug him off that, he and Bruiser watched kid TV upstairs while Nick and I indulged in some wine and Robin Williams stand up.  His stuff is so funny. We watched Weapons of Self Destruction and his Live on Broadway from 2002. A great way to spend an evening.
Saturday was normal grocery shopping. We were planning on spending the evening with friends so the kids could die eggs. This meant that I got to prepare for the egg dying adventure by boiling two dozen eggs and prepping a hash brown casserole.  Nick fixed up an old trailer so he could better haul the four wheeler now that the weather is getting nicer. Four wheeling time is just around the corner.
We headed over to our friends house about 3ish.  We hung out and had dinner and then let the kids go with the dye and the eggs.  Semi controlled mayhem ensued, but most of the kids were happy with the results.  Then we had to haul everyone home so the Easter Bunny could come visit.



Sunday started earlier than I had hoped.  Bruiser got us up at 6:30am cause the Easter bunny had come and he had already found eggs.
Breakfast happened, playing with Easter booty happened, lots of chocolate was consumed by little boys, and then we smoked ribs. They came out pretty good and Nick learned more about the smoker.
All in all it was a very relaxed, low key weekend.  Just what we needed.
How was your Easter?

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good time. We went to view the blue bonnets, eat ice cream at the creamery and spend time with friends. Sunday was just for us, which was a nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. Ours was packed full of Easter stuff too but enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good weekend! Ours was good...time with family was hectic, but I thin kthat's always the case with big families.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Souds like a great weekend. Saturday I spent the day with the kids at a friends house..side walk chalk was the activity of choice and on Sunday they spent it with their dad and I went out on the boat with my dad and some friends. A relaxing weekend indeed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A few years ago, I would've called that a "low-key weekend", too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing pictures of kids dyeing easter eggs! :)
    I haven't seen Robin Williams stuff in forever...and I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a great Easter Weekend as well! We actually went 4-Wheeling on Saturday and it was such a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Other than the early start on Sunday it sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Easter was fantastic! Love the pics. Sounds like the boys had a great day and you had a great meal! Bravo!~

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails