Thursday, April 18, 2013

Spin Cycle--Quotes

The Spin Cycle this week is about quotes. Quotes you use, quotes that mean something to you, your own quotes.  Whatever direction you want to take it. I did a post for the Spin Cycle about quotes a couple years ago--Quotable Quotes.
In that post I talked about my favorite quote and about how quotes are woven into our daily conversations. Today I thought I'd share some of our favorite movie quotes.

"Back off man, I'm a scientist" said by Bill Murray in Ghostbusters.  Nick uses this one all the time. It's one of his favorites. A fun way to nod at the geologist in both of us.

"Wait! Where are you going? I was going to make Expresso..." From Young Frankenstein.  We love this movie for it's silliness. We also like "Roll, roll, roll in the hay!"

"I smell ice cream." Said by Chunk in The Goonies.  We use this one a lot in the summer when Ice Cream is a wonderful, necessary treat.  We use other quotes from this movie too.  Bootie trap, no boobie trap, "kids suck" from Mama Fratelli. This one is used after a particularly trying day.

"Snakes.  Why'd it have to be snakes?" from Raider of the Lost Ark.  All the Indiana Jones movies get quoted frequently.  It didn't hurt to cement this movie set as one of our favorites when Nick got dubbed Dr. Jones while he was going through the Geology Department. We also use "It's not the years, it's the mileage." This is so true.

"Don't drive angry. Don't drive Angry!" from Groundhog Day.  Since this is Nick and my movie (much the way most people have a song) we watch this annually.

"Aquaman Sucks!" and "Bazinga" from Big Bang Theory.  We also use other quotes from this show when they fit the circumstances. Turbo used the "You forgot your flash drive, you forget your flash drive" when we got on the train last summer.

"Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday." From the classic The Princess Bride. This movie is so very quotable.

"I always wanted to marry a cop." from Robin Hood: Men in Tights.  Turbo loves this movie. "Tight Tights." gets him every time.

There are other lines that we use--usually when the situation presents itself.  But sitting here, trying to think of them, well they all fly away.  Do you use movie quotes?  Do you have a favorite quote?  Spin it up and share with Gretchen.
 
Second Blooming


5 comments:

  1. I quote Young Frankenstein ALL the time. "The staircase...can be treacherous." "He vas my boyfriend!" "Put the candle back!" "Walk this way." It goes on and on.

    You are linked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Surely you can't be serious" Airplane! Actually pretty much all quotes from Airplane...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could quote a million thing from Men in Tights; love that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love these i tend to quote dory alot from finding nemo "just keep swimming, just keep swimming"

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are big Young Frankenstein fans also.
    We use a lot of Blazing Saddles quotes: "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails