Friday, April 19, 2013

Time For Confessions

It is a very appreciated Friday around these parts.  Not that I worked very hard this last week. I made it in for two of the five days. Colds will kick you when you're down. Anyway on to the confessions:

  • Watching a kid play Minecraft is incredibly boring.
  • Have you ever gone out to start your car so it could warm up and then spent 20 minutes looking for the keys so you could leave?
  • No, never?
  • My mom did that yesterday.
  • It's almost as good as looking for the sunglasses that are perched on top of your head.
  • I think I want a Kindle Fire HD.
  • Eventually.
  • Maybe my birthday.
  • Nick and I need some adult time away from the kids.
  • We have been sort of kid trapped for a while now.
  • Maybe we need to run away.
  • I am starting to stress about a workshop I have to present at in May.
  • The beginning of May.
  • Like in threeish weeks.
  • It's the same talk I gave in January.
  • With a bit of added material.
  • Not exactly thrilled about it.
  • On the plus side it is a couple of nights away from the kids with Nick.
  • He's presenting too.
  • And work is paying.
  • But still, a presentation.
  • Blech!
So hope you have a great weekend.  Mine will be filled with laundry, little boy haircuts, grocery shopping, and maybe a bit of reading. May your weekend be more fun than mine.

Go link up with Aubrey for more confessions.

 photo HighHeeledLove_zpsbbcc137c.jpg

10 comments:

Jill said...

I hope you guys enjoy your trip away together, even if it is work-related...something to look forward to!

Have a great weekend!!

incognitusscriptor.com said...

Time away from the kids is absolutely necessary; I wish you luck!

becca said...

adult time I have no clue what that is and i to want a kindle fire

MiMi said...

I got a Kindle Fire HD. :) SHHH.

Alaina said...

You'll do great with your presentation! And it's adult time, so that's always a bonus!

marvimarti.com said...

Colds suck!
I had to laugh, I've looked for my cell phone while talking on it the entire time. It takes talent!

Lalaine H said...

love this post! your funny! but yeah my weekend is going to be the same as yours!

Delightful Ideas

$25 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway


Michele said...

Are you coming down to Texas again? Don't worry about the presentation, you'll do great!

Aubrey S. said...

Oh, I hope you're feeling better.

I haven't done that with the keys, but I have searched the house for my cell phone while talking to someone on it. LOL.

Thanks for joining the Friday Confessional party. Have a fabulous weekend.

HickChickBritt said...

Lucky! You will make it through your presentation just fine, and as a reward some along time with hubby!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails