Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WWTK--Where I Live

Wednesday people--that means We Want to Know with Kensie and Scriptor.

1. Where you born and raised in the town you live in, or did you move to that town? No.  I was born in Hollywood Florida, lived in Missouri and California then moved to a small town in Wyoming.  I came to Laramie, Wyoming to go to college, met Nick and we stayed.
2. What is your favorite thing about the town you live in? Our town is big enough that you don't know everyone, small enough to be nice and close enough to the big cities for a visit for shopping and such.  We are also close to the mountains and wonderful outdoor activity areas.
3. Are there any special annual events there? We have Jubilee Days in the summer--rodeo, street dances and such, and over Labor Days we have the Snowy Range Music Festival.
4. What don't you like about your town? We have the only four year university in the state in our town.  With that comes the students and tons of rentals.  It's the rentals that I don't like. We have some right next door.  Sometimes the renters are good, mostly though, they are less than good.
5. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Probably right where I am. Anyplace has it's good points and bad points.  I know the issues we have here. But better the devil I know than the devil I don't.

Now grab the questions from  Scriptor and Kensie and join in the fun.


 photo WWTKbutton-1-1_zps2077872a.jpg


5 comments:

  1. I don't think I knew you were born in Hollywood; I lived there from 6 months old until 15! Maybe I did know and forgot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being close to the mountains is nice. We were in AZ and loved it. The weekend hiking was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about where I live - sure, people complain about lots of things in this town, but I'm willing to bet most towns have issues of their own - I'd rather stay where I'm comfortable with "the devil I know"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We live in a very small town where everything is so far away. Sometimes I'd like the convenience of a larger town!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a 4 year college in our town too, plus we have a tech school and a community college. So we have a ton of rentals too, and everything is expensive.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails