Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Random ish Tuesday--Where Did Spring Depart To?

So once again I come to you from the land of snow and wind.  Spring usually comes slowly, but we've gotten more snow in the last month or so than we did all winter. And these are not the usual Spring snows.  Normal spring snows fall wet and melt quickly.  The ones we have been getting are cold and not so fun to play in.  They do melt off, but it isn't getting really warm in between them. Well on to the random:

  • It was really unreal to see the news about what happened in Boston.  I've been sort of disconnected due to the nasty head cold I'm stuck with. I first heard about something happening in Boston on Facebook of all places. I had to go find the news to find out what had happened.
  • Hot tea is really good when you're sick. It's good other times, but feels really nice and comforting when I'm sick.
  • Being sick really throws off the meal planning.
  • I'm thinking about getting a new purse.  The hunt is on.  I hate looking for a purse.  It sort of a I'll know it when I see it kind of thing. I want a bigger purse, with room to carry the stuff a mom needs to carry and a strap that goes cross body. I have one that is the right size, but has a flap that covers it from the front.  It's a pain to get into. So I'm looking.
  • Kid TV can be mind sucking.
  • Turbo really wanted to stay home today.  With the wind, snow and such, going to school held very little appeal.  But, there's just not enough snow to justify keeping him home, so off he went, under strong protest.
  • Bruiser has been feeling better and better.  He still sensitive in the area of the surgery, but that's to be expected.  Tomorrow the dressing comes off and we start twice a day salt baths for the next week. Fun times.
That's all the random my brain can come up with this week.  Go see Stacy for more.


Stacy
And join up with Shawn and Impulsive for Talk To Us Tuesday. no rules, just fun link up.
Seriously Shawn

6 comments:

  1. Spring keeps teasing us here in Kansas. We will get a day or two in the 60s and 70s but then it drops back down in the 30s and 40s and threatens snow/ice. Last week we got ice. I would take snow over that any day.

    And I hope Bruiser continues to progress. Good luck and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better soon! And that the snow quits... Our snow last Friday was more like your "spring snow" - it was wet and melted very quickly. We're more spring-like here this week, rainy and warm.

    I found out about the bombings on Twitter. This age of technology is incredible... Thoughts & prayers are with that city, and all those effected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tea really is the best; i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I literally, said, "WHAT?" outloud when you said you were thinking about getting a new purse. Maybe because I have a thousand bazillion...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate purse shopping. Probably because I have so many requirements; must have a messenger style strap (like you are looking for. Keeps your hand free), must be large enough to carry my iPad but not humungous, must have various pockets to keep things organized, can't be ugly and preferably isn't leather. It takes me forever to find what I'm looking for but once I do I stick with it until it falls apart.

    Glad to hear Bruiser is feeling better. Hope you do too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how you do it, I could not handle more snow! Hope you start getting better weather soon!

    Glad to hear that Bruiser is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails