Thursday, June 28, 2012

Spin Cycle--Listen to the Music

So this week the spin cycle is about music.  Any take you want on music. A couple of weeks ago I did a post on how music takes you on a free time travel when you hear certain songs.
Today I thought I'd share a few songs that mean summer to me.  Songs that make me think of summer and the fun that can be had.
This is Kid Rock's All Summer Long.  Totally reminds me of being 18 and hanging out with friends in my home town.
Craig Morgan's Redneck Yacht Club reminds me of going camping with friends--we don't have a lake, but the sentiment is the same.
Brad Paisley's Mud on the Tires is Nick and my anthem for the summer time--any time we can go get mud or just dirt on the tires is a good day.  It means we got out of town.
And for ridiculous fun, Big & Rich's Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy.  This song always puts me in a fun happy mood.
Now go see Gretchen for more music spins.

Second Blooming

6 comments:

  1. OOO, now I'm going to have to go put on the country station! I always thought country was the best summer time music - riding around in the truck with the windows rolled down and the music cranked!

    You are linked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these songs make me want to go outside and hang by the pool and just enjoy life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say I LOVE all the songs you chose! They do bring back SO many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We listened to the first one at least 50 times on our road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer songs! I love it! One of my favorite summer songs is from the movie Top Gun; it was the summer I got my driver's license!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wife makes up lists of various songs like "Whistle songs" where someone whistles during the song. Thanks for sharing your songs of summer.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails