Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Dad is...

...fun, kind, patient, loving, there, firm when needed, necessary.   I am so glad I have Nick as the dad to my sons.  He is everything a good dad should be.
I never knew my father.  He was just a picture on the wall.  He committed suicide when I was 3 months old, leaving me with my mom as my constant.  I had "stepfathers", neither of which was a great example of fatherhood.  My mom didn't make the best choices.
I always get a bit sad when Father's Day rolls around.  But then I look at what a great dad Nick is to our two boys and I feel all happy inside again.







Nick truly is a wonderful father.  He is patient, kind, playful, inventive, outdoorsy, and plain love being with his boys.  Now this is not to say that he doesn't have flaws, who doesn't?  But the good so outweighs the bad.  All I have to do is see how the boys love playing, rough housing, and hanging out with him to know that he adores them and the feeling is mutual.
Happy Father's Day to the wonderful man I married!

2 comments:

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails