Monday, June 25, 2012

A Camping We Will Go

For Nick's birthday this year, he wanted to go camping.  He took off Thursday and Friday last week and headed up with the boys on Thursday afternoon.  I got a call Friday after work with a list of necessary items to bring up when I went to join them.
From what Nick told me they all went fishing and ended up catching about 15 crawdads.  Well Turbo caught them.  The kid is really good at catching them.  He likes to eat them too.  I foresee lots more crawdad boils in our future.
Saturday we went to a local state park and spent the day fishing, wading and reading (Nick, the boys and me, respectively).  It was really relaxing.  Then back to camp for one more night.  We lucked out and had decent weather--no 60-70 mile an hour winds this time.  It was breezy--25-30 mph gusts.  And it calmed down at night.
Once we got home we got things unpacked and naps all around--except for Turbo--were the order of the day. Of course, those naps only came after a bath or shower for everyone.  It's amazing how grubby boys can get.
Over all, Nick says he had a great birthday weekend.  Want to see some of the in camp pics?  Here you go:






We had a truly wonderful weekend.  Did you?

6 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! One of these days, we are going to go camping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good camping! I so wish that Jimmy was a camper, looks like such fun! ANd Jude would die to go crawdad fishing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only place I can get my husband to go camping is a hotel .... glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that you were able to read! That is totally what I would want to do while camping.

    Happy Birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want to try camping one time just to see how much fun it really is

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails