The hodgepodge is about turning today:
1. Elizabeth Lawrence is quoted as saying, 'Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn." So have you done just that? And what did you leave undone in order to do so? We have taken time to head to the mountains to look at the fall color. The only thing I really left undone was house chores and those will wait.
3. How hard is it for you to 'turn the other cheek'? Depends on the situation. I'm also one who will stew on something, grumble about it and then move on. I'm non confrontational so I guess I do "turn the other cheek" more often than not out of the wish to avoid conflict.
4. When did you last turn a drawer, your car, a room, or your entire house upside down looking for something? Did you find it? I did this looking for Bruiser's glasses. I was unsuccessful in finding them at that time. We got him new glasses. Then and only then, did I find Bruiser's glasses in a place I was certain I had looked, more than once.
5. 'One good turn deserves another'...were you most recently on the giving or receiving end of that sentiment? Nothing specific comes to mind, but we do good for our friends and they give back to us all the time. Isn't that what friendship in all about. Do for me and I do for you.
6. Red, yellow, and orange are the colors of fall. Also the colors of fruit. If you were permitted only one color of fruit in your diet, which would you choose? This question isn't as easy as it sounds, at least not for me. Red fruits all the way. I love a good orange, but my favorite fruits are red.
|With the exception of tomatoes, red fruits are an easy sell at our house.|
|Pomegranates are the current favorite around the house. The boys love them.|
7. The Hunt for Red October, October Sky, Halloween...which 'October' film is your favorite? We do love The Hunt For Red October. Give me a good action thriller over a horror movie any day.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Halloween is creeping ever closer. I really need to get on getting the rest of Bruiser's costume. He want to be a vampire and I need a white shirt and dark pants. I have the pants, I think, but a white shirt, not so much. That will require a trip to the store. He also needs white makeup and possibly temporary black hair color. Turbo is unsure if he even wants to dress up. I might convince him to go 1930s gangster if we can get him a suit jacket and then he can wear his fedora. Paint a black mustache on him, pencil thin of course. It might work. The reason I need to do this soon is because the downtown has a trick or treat for kids on Saturday. Definitely need to get on this one.