- We had a really good parent/teacher conference for Bruiser last night. Evidently he is a bright, friendly, fun kid to have in class and his teacher loves him. Great big relief right there. Bruiser is rocking school! Now we have only one more set of parent/teacher conferences to get through. I say set because we have four teachers to talk to for Turbo this year.
- Nick is back and that is so nice. Someone else to help with the kids. Not that it was bad having him gone, but I so much prefer having him here.
- Did anyone see the eclipse we had Wednesday morning? I didn't get up for it specifically, but I did get up to hit the bathroom and looked out the window at it. It was beautiful!
- Not a whole lot planned for this weekend, but I might get a bit of time alone. The boys are going to their grandparents for a couple hours tomorrow morning. I can grocery shop in peace and tackle some house cleaning. Sounds fun, hmmm??
- So happy to have a better handle on the freezers. I have a really good idea of what is in them and where. Things I use daily--like veggies--are in the fridge freezer and the things we don't access as often are in the other freezers. I will be so happy to consolidate to one freezer. We have an upright in the basement and a chest in the garage. I want to go to one bigger upright in the basement. We will get there eventually.
|Looking across Lake Owen at the Snowy Range Peaks.|
|A better picture of the peaks and some cool clouds.|
|The dogs having fun.|
|Some of the mountain colors.|
And now a confession or six:
- I have laundry to do this weekend.
- Since the laundry fairy took one look and flat refused to do it.
- The cleaning gnomes got scared by the dust rhinos and so I have that to do to.
- Scaredy cats.
- I'm sort of sick of pumpkin everything.
- But I'm good with the leaves changing and cooler weather.
- Not so cool with the multi-legged wildlife the seems to be trying to live under our roof too.
- Not a fan of spiders and millipedes.
- Full body shiver.
- Stupid voyeurs.
- I always find them in the tub--just when I plan on getting in there.
- I don't need to give the wildlife a peep show!
- Wine or good dark beer this weekend, most definitely!