Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Random In Here

And we arrive at Tuesday. A little bit better than Monday, cause we are closer to the weekend now. Let's get on with the random:
  • Our temperatures have hit much closer to normal temps this week, so far.  Last night was actually cold. Like in the 20s cold. Feels kind of nice.
  • Feeling more motivated this week.  Maybe because we have things to do this week.  The boys have swimming lessons and then, of course, we have all the Halloween doings on Friday.  Pumpkins to carve, trick or treating and hanging out with friends.  
  • Next week archery leagues start up again.  Nick and Turbo will be going.  They are both looking forward to it.
  • This last weekend felt like this:
  • I am on week three of walking with a friend of mine.  We only make it out twice a week due to scheduling issues--both of us are busy.  But I get to add time ar the rec center while the boys are in swim lessons for the next month, so getting active--Yay!
  • I like this quote from Mark Twain:

  •  Turbo has brokered a deal with Nick about video game time during the week in return for doing chores. He gets time instead of money.  Just goes to show that he's not a teen yet.  This is motivation for good grades and non complaining work.  He has dog poop duty, dishes, watering plants, keeping his room clean, and then time as determined by us for good grades on homework and quizzes and tests.  This is a way around my rule of no video games during the week.  Weekends are free video game time. I'll take it for the motivation it give Turbo. The flip side is bad grades will subtract from his time.  So he has good motivation.
  • This is why I don't like jumping in leaf piles:
Go random it up with Stacy.

Stacy
 

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I didn't think about that with leaf piles. Eeewww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true about the leaf piles... I've never been a leaf pile jumper, just way too risky! ;) Glad to hear you're getting in some activity... I went through a slump last week for the first time in almost 2 years - took 2 days off because I was sick - and I'm desperately trying to get back on track. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails