1. My hubs spent last weekend pheasant hunting. Are there hunters in your family? If so, what do they hunt? Which of the following have you tasted-pheasant, rabbit, venison, duck, goose? Which of those would you most like to taste, or be most willing to taste? Nick is an avid hunter and we eat what he hunts. Actually I love the taste of venison, elk and even antelope when properly prepared. He's not much of a bird hunter, but that's more lack of opportunity than lack of enthusiasm. We have had ruffed grouse and blue grouse and we really liked them.
Vegetarians keep calm and Hodgepodge on.
2. What high spot have you visited that gave you a wonderful 'bird's eye view' of something below? We live near mountains. It's very easy to get a bird's eye view of the surrounding country around here.
|In Rocky Mountain National Park.|
|At the Grand Canyon.|
|About 15 miles from home.|
|About 40 miles from home.|
|About 30 miles from home.|
3. Do you have any birds in your home? These could be either real live pets or decorative, as in bird prints, knickknacks, fabric or pottery. We aren't much for the birds around our house. I like cats and Nick likes dogs, so not really any birds in the house. But, we have a pair of swainsons hawks that nest in the cottonwood tree by our driveway and have for the last three years at least.
4. Tell about a time you 'killed two birds with one stone'? Well, I will be trying to do this on Thursday. The boys have swimming lessons adn I'm hoping to get some exercise at the rec center while they are in lessons. I mean, we are there, it would be silly not to take advantage of the time.
5. Your favorite song with a bird in it's title? Birdhouse in Your Soul by They Might Be Giants:
6. What most recently gave you goose bumps? I got cold and got goose bumps. Happens all the time. Cold and I don't necessarily get along.
7. Halloween is this Friday...any plans? Did you trick or treat as a child? Carve pumpkins? Share your most memorable costume. I did get to trick or treat as a kid. It was fun. We weren't much for carving pumpkins, especially when I got into high school, but I did start carving pumpkins again when I met Nick. Carving pumpkins has been a Halloween tradition. Even when we didn't actually have time to carve the pumpkin, we still put one out with a drawn on face.
|I was about 20 and dressed up as a country bumpkin.|
8. Insert your own random thought here. How can it be almost the end of October? Where has the time gone? Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here before we know it. I wish there was a slow down button, but I haven't found one yet.