I've had small reprieves from the down in the dumps, blah feeling. Getting out with the girls, going to the mountains, but the blahs always creep back in. It might be the time of year, even though I love fall. Or it could just be me. I just can't summon enthusiasm for much these days.
I wouldn't call it depression so much. I don't feel terrible, but I know I'm just not really happy either. I'm feeling blue. And there isn't a switch I can flip to make me happy again. I really wish there was.
I really don't know where this has come from, it's not like I have a ton of stress. Things have actually gotten better in the stress department lately. The routine has gotten back on track and I feel much better for that.
Maybe it's the urge to hibernate that I feel at this time of year. Or maybe it's something else entirely. I just can't seem to be happy. I really want to improve my mood, but I'm finding that it's not so easy.
I need to be more positive so my mood doesn't rub off on the rest of the family. Because in our house, moods transfer faster than cold germs do.
So, I am going to try to work on my mood. See if I can't kick myself out of the blues I've been mired in for the last few months.
- Exercise is supposed to help. I really need to commit to exercise in one form or another three times a week.
- I need to read for pleasure. I've sort of let this slide. I know reading for pleasure, for me, is a great way to improve my mood. I just need to do it.
- Do more active things around the house. Cleaning, but also organizing, and start working on getting the attic in shape to move Turbo up there by this spring. This has a couple benefits, one I will ultimately end up with a room to scrap book in again, and Bruiser will get a room with a window in it.
- Go swimming, walking, or just plain outside stuff with the boys while we can. The weather is not going to hold out for much longer. Snow is coming. We are looking forward to cross country skiing this year. Bruiser is old enough to start learning. So we all get to go.
- Remind myself that there is lots of good in my life. Things to smile over and feel good about. Maybe this will help lift the cloud of gloom that seems to be sitting over my head.
I'm joining up with Shell for her Pour Your Heart Out.