Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tuesday Randoms

Things are slowly getting back to normal around here.  Or as normal as it gets in these parts.  So let's random for some fun:
  • Ugh. I just can't get in the groove today.last week really threw the schedule for a loop.  Unexpected things like water heaters failing can do that.
  • It will be laundry weekend this weekend.  It's already shaping up to be a busy weekend. There is a downtown trick or treat that the boys always enjoy, and Bruiser has a birthday party to attend on Sunday. Nick would also like us to come up and see him at the cabin he will be staying in while he hunts.  I'm not sure it will all fit into the two day weekend.  I will see what I can manage.
  • After this weekend, this makes a whole lot of sense:
  • In other news we had Turbo's parent/teacher conferences last week, before the water heater issue.  They went well.  Turbo will be bringing home homework more and hopefully doing better on his school work in general.  His two trouble areas are math and language arts.  He will be doing his work with much more attention to detail now that we know he should be bringing home work to do.  He is also of the opinion that when giving answers, the shortest answer is the best answer.  Not really the best approach.  We are working on that one.
  • Oh, and Papa and Nana got Turbo a fedora.  He looks dashing in it:
  •  With all the work we had to do last week, we did have a chance to see a fabulous sun rise.  It helped make up for the fact that we were awake at a time when a warm bed was far more appealing:
So what's your random this week?
Go see Stacy and random it up!


Stacy

3 comments:

  1. That IS a good sunrise! Elliot's conference is tomorrow and I know the main thing he has to work on: handwriting! His is terrible. But it will be interesting to hear what she says about him. Glad things are getting back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you on trying to get in the groove. I'm failing miserably. :)

    We have P/T conferences this week - I'll be curious to see how it goes with Little Dude's teacher, he's still being allowed to run amok and not learning anything. :(

    LOVE the fedora and the sunrise!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. Turbo has grown so much. So crazy how fast time flies. Yes, I couldn't wait to grow up and now I am trying to turn back the clock. Except at work, I would like to push it forward sometimes. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails