And go for questions:
1. On Thursday we pause to remember a dark day in history-9/11. Will you mark it in some special way? We will probably discuss with the boys what happened, especially Turbo. The should know what happened, but we won't get too graphic with Bruiser. He still a bit young for all the images. I know Nick and I will both remember where we were and how we learned of the attacks.
2. Do you ever/still...listen to an actual radio? Watch a videotape
(VCR)? Look up a number in a phonebook? Refer to a paper map while
traveling? Set an alarm on an alarm clock as opposed to your phone? I listen to the radio in the car all the time. At home we listen to the radio when the college football team is playing and in the morning in the winter when weather is bad for school status. WE don't have a VCR anymore. I often look up numbers in the phone book for businesses--we live in a small town and it's easier sometimes. Nick has taken to using his phone for an alarm clock, but I still use my bedside alarm when I need to get up unusually early. We do use the paper map for long trips, but I like the phone map ap for city driving.
3. Is it ever a good idea to discuss religion or politics with people you don't know? Nope. Feelings run far too high and we get in enough trouble discussing these things with people we know, so I don't like to go into it with people we don't know.
4. What's a dish you haven't eaten all summer, but come September find yourself craving? Have you made it yet this month? Soup. The heavy comfort soups of Clam chowder, stew, chili, and sausage lentil. Casseroles like lasagna, potato, cheese and ham, Chicken Cordon Bleu, and really anything baked. I ahve not goten to making any of them yet, but it will come soon, as we have been threatened with snow tomorrow night.
5. What's something you know nothing about? Ice Hockey. Auto racing. Car repair. Golf. All of these are things I know nothing about. Oh I can recognize them, but be asked to do any of them and it's most definitely a no go.
6. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like classical music? If so, what's your favorite piece? I like classical music for background music, but could not pick out a favorite. My biggest exposure was Bugs Bunny growing up, so really anything they used as background in the cartoons?
7. What's the oldest thing you own? That I actually own? I have a kerosene lamp that has turned purple with sun exposure. It is at least 100 years old, as to turn purple the glass had to have magnesium added to it during the creation process. It is a lovely lamp and we do use it during power outages.
8. Insert your own random thought here. My handy hubby, Nick, was able to fix our leaking toilet Monday night. Instead of having to call the plumber to replace the guts of the toilet, we were able to go purchase the new guts and Nick was able to replace them with only a small amount of hassle. I love having a handy hubby!