Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge--Back To School

Here we go:
1.  What's something you wanted to do this summer that you never got around to actually doing? We had wanted to get to Denver and take Bruiser to the Zoo.  He's never been there, at lest not when he could see out.  We went while I was pregnant but I don't think that counts...

2. Share a favorite memory of your own back -to-school days as a child. Back to school was always exciting--new clothes and new books and new classes/teachers. I really liked going to school--the social aspect less so. I think I really got into the groove of back to school in college--that was fun.

3.  What's one chore or daily task you prefer doing 'old-school' ?
I wash our pot and pans and knives and such by hand.  I don't like what repeated dishwasher cycles does to them, so by hand it is.

4.  Share something you've learned in life through the 'school of hard knocks'. Do a job well, do it quickly and get it over with--especially if it's something you don't really like doing.

5.  As a child, did you mostly bring or buy your lunch for school? What was your favorite thing to find in your lunchbox? Hot lunch was normal for us until high school.  Once I had a car, we had an open campus for lunch and could eat where ever we liked. My mom had a tupperware lunch box system for me and it was never cool like the other kids had.  Taking my lunch was not something I really liked doing.

6. Football season is upon us which has me wondering... how big of a sports fan are you (not just football) ? On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being 'I scream at the players through my television screen' and 1 being 'is knitting a sport?' where do you fall in fandom?  I tend more toward the 1 end of the spectrum.  I like watching college football, but our team is seldom on TV and so we listen to the games on the radio, but I don't really know what is going on.  I watch the Superbowl, but that's more for the friends, snacks and commercials.

7. Share a favorite quote you think might inspire students of all ages at the start of a new school year. 







8. Insert your own random thought here. I am a bit worried about Turbo.  He keeps telling us that he has no homework.  I am skeptical at best.  But I guess it's up to him to do the work if he has it. We shall see how 6th grade goes.

4 comments:

  1. I also wash things by hand but that's because we can't use our dishwasher because the pipes are old. But I actually like doing it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wash those items by hand too! I like the quote, very good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is wonderful advice!

    Hoping Turbo isn't just getting lazy on you. My 15 year old has a tendency to do that from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My nephew is also in grade 6, and his mom said the same thing the first week. I'm sure that will change. I hand wash pots and knives too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails