2. Share a favorite memory of your own back -to-school days as a child. Back to school was always exciting--new clothes and new books and new classes/teachers. I really liked going to school--the social aspect less so. I think I really got into the groove of back to school in college--that was fun.
3. What's one chore or daily task you prefer doing 'old-school' ? I wash our pot and pans and knives and such by hand. I don't like what repeated dishwasher cycles does to them, so by hand it is.
4. Share something you've learned in life through the 'school of hard knocks'. Do a job well, do it quickly and get it over with--especially if it's something you don't really like doing.
5. As a child, did you mostly bring or buy your lunch for school? What was your favorite thing to find in your lunchbox? Hot lunch was normal for us until high school. Once I had a car, we had an open campus for lunch and could eat where ever we liked. My mom had a tupperware lunch box system for me and it was never cool like the other kids had. Taking my lunch was not something I really liked doing.
6. Football season is upon us which has me wondering... how big of a sports fan are you (not just football) ? On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being 'I scream at the players through my television screen' and 1 being 'is knitting a sport?' where do you fall in fandom? I tend more toward the 1 end of the spectrum. I like watching college football, but our team is seldom on TV and so we listen to the games on the radio, but I don't really know what is going on. I watch the Superbowl, but that's more for the friends, snacks and commercials.
7. Share a favorite quote you think might inspire students of all ages at the start of a new school year.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I am a bit worried about Turbo. He keeps telling us that he has no homework. I am skeptical at best. But I guess it's up to him to do the work if he has it. We shall see how 6th grade goes.