Thursday, September 4, 2014

Spin Cycle--Queen of the World

I am queen of my castle.  It truly helps that I am the only girl in the house (not counting the cat.  Talk to her and she is queen of the universe). Being the only girl is not so hard.  I'm not wildly girly.  I don't take 2 hours to get ready to go out, I don't have to have every hair in place, I don't wear makeup most of the time.
There are times when I have to fly my girl flag though. 
I got raspberry (or hot pink) crocs.  A small expression of the fact I am a girl.  Turbo won't steal these.
I paint my toes for the summer season.  When I can wear sandals and flip flops and such, I keep the toes painted. I can keep the polish there, where it never lasts on my fingernails. I indulge my shoe love and purse habit on occasion. Sometimes only with a long stroll through the purse department and shoe department.  This is even more fun when I can torture Turbo by dragging him with me.
Every now and then Nick will decree that I can choose the movie for movie night.  Something romantic, musical, or far more girly than what my guys would normally choose. There are groans from the peanut gallery, but they watch and usually find they enjoy them more than they think they will.  Good practice for when the girlfriends come along.
I rediscovered to joy of wearing a sundress this summer.  So light, cool and comfortable.  Also more girl like than the boys are used to seeing me.  Shorts and a t shirt have been the norm for a while now.
I did get to claim first dances with both my boys at a wedding we went to this summer:

Maybe a bit more encouraged, but still he did dance with me.

I also claimed Turbo's first ride on a Ferris wheel.
I know I am adored by my guys.  It's good to be the Queen in my castle.Who needs the world when you have such loyal subjects at home?
Are you Queen (or King) of your world? Put your spin on it and join Gretchen and Ginny Marie, they would love to have you!

Second Blooming

6 comments:

  1. Love that you've claimed first dances with your boys. I love dancing around in the living room with my little boy, and I look forward to taking him to a wedding!
    I'm definitely queen of this castle, though I should probably let my girl flag fly more. I'm terrible about the girlie stuff. Looking forward to date night tomorrow and the excuse to actually get dolled up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit I am pleased that our son has a permanent girlfriend to bring a little more girly stuff back in my life, too. Love your post and how you are so comfortable being who you are as a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you! It's good to be Queen of my castle, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Queen of your own household: best place to be queen of I think!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails