Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Old School Blogging--Fall into Fall

 I've seen this on a couple other blogs and thought, in honor of fall starting, I'd join in:


1. What Fall traditions do you have? We like to make chili for the first snowfall, or in the case of this year, significant snowfall.  We live where getting to a pumpkin patch is not so easy--it's over two hours to the nearest one, so we don't do that.  We do try to head to mountains to look at the aspens as they change color.
2. What is your favorite fall recipe? I have a yummy pumpkin pie bread that is pretty great.

3. What is a favorite Fall photo (or photos) you’ve taken? Last year we made it up to look at the colors:




4. Football – love it or hate it (maybe it steals your hubby away)? We are not really football fans, but we do enjoy the games of our local college--Go Pokes!

5. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid? I was a white bunny for a couple years and the was fun.
6. Pumpkins or Ghosts or both? I like pumpkins, but I have boys that like some fo the creepy for Halloween at least.

7. What’s your favorite fall fashion item (boots? scarves? sweaters?, etc.) Sweaters.  And boots.  I like being able to bundle up.  I get cold easily, so being able to wear more layers is nice.
8. Is “leaf pile jumping” your thing or not? Not really our thing--we have dogs and they tend to leave "gifts" in the yard, so the leaf pile always holds unpleasant things.  Jumping in is not something we do much of.
9. Is “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” a must-watch at your house? Not really.  We have watched it, but it's not high on the necessary list. We are more a Young Frankenstein house.

10. What are you going to be for Halloween this year (or your kids…)?  I don't think I'm dressing up this year.  The kids on the other hand, well, Bruiser is thinking about being batman again, but he may change his mind.  Turbo has almost outgrown trick or treating, but he might be convinced to dress up, when the candy is on the line...     



There is also Wednesday Hodgepodge which is fall themed this week:
1. It's fall. Y'all. My favorite season of the year! What's something you love to do this time of year that makes you feel it's officially fall? And unrelated to that, do you ever say-'y'all'? Well, sort of covered this above, but I do like getting out my boots and sweaters, once it's cool enough.

2. When did you last have a falling out with someone? Has it been resolved?
Gosh, years ago and it has been resolved and we are friends again.

3. A song you love with the word 'fall' in it's title?
It would be Kenny Chesney's Boys of Fall or Tom Petty's Free Fallin'
4. What's something you've recently let 'fall by the wayside?'
Scrapbooking.  I really need to get back into it.  With Brusier getting bigger, a change in the boy's rooms, I just might get both time and location to do some scrapping.
5. When did you last attend an event, read a book, watch a movie, try a new recipe, or visit a shop-town-tourist attraction that fell short of your expectations? In what way?
We stopped at a location that has signs pointing to it outside of Casper Wyoming called Hells Half Acre. It is a beautiful geologic/landscape.  However there is nothing but a large parking lot in disrepair and a chain-link fence blocking access to the area. It was once a nice area, but the county has not kept it up or improved the area.  Movies have filmed in the area--most recently for the movie Starship Troopers. It's sad that there is nothing more there.

A glimpse of the landscape through the fence.
6. Describe a time you said or thought, 'The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." With both our kids.  At times they are so much like us it is scary.
7. Was today better than yesterday? Why or why not? Today is better because it is one day closer to the weekend.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. We definitely need to get back up for a drive in the mountains.  I love bumbling down a dirt road and looking at the fall colors in the mountains.
 

7 comments:

  1. We don't have any good pumpkin patches around here so we make the 2.5 hour drive to a most amazing one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropping by from the hodgepodge...enjoyed your answers! =)I love boots and sweater weather too! Glad to see the autumn this year.
    Blessings,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to a pumpkin patch isn't something we really do here... I guess there are places to go, but many of my family and friends grow their own pumpkins in their gardens - no need to go to a patch!

    Mmm...can't wait to make my first pot of chili this fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our pumpkin patches here are obviously all man-made. As in, they are shipped in from somewhere else. But they still rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, scrapbooking! I've been trying to get back into it, but there are so many other things I need to do right now, that's an easy one to let fall by the wayside. I love my scrapbooks though, so I shouldn't let that happen. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sweaters too. Sometimes I wish I lived somewhere that I could wear them more.

    Pupmkin pie bread sounds delish!

    Thanks for linking up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, that's it! I'm making chili this weekend. Your post is the second one reminding me how much I love chili in the crockpot. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails