Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spin Cycle-Futility

This week's Spin Cycle is Things you keep doing even when you don't need to. Things that are habit, no longer necessary, futile.
I do have a few of these:
  • I buy salad greens. We like salads.  Both Nick and I eat salads.  However, more often than not, I toss out slimy lettuce that has lived in the vegetable drawer far longer than it should have. 
  • Celery is the same story for me.  Yet, I keep on buying celery and using less than half of the bunch.
  • I cook fish, in the vain hope that Turbo will have changed his mind about eating it.  No such luck, yet. Same thing with broccoli.
  • I have makeup in the drawer of my bathroom cabinet.  I have yet to use any of it.  I know the purpose of most of the stuff in the drawer, but I never feel it looks right on me.  I keep making sure I have the option to wear it if I choose to do so.
  • I keep putting underwear on Bruiser in the hope that he will magically figure out pooping in the potty.  He's getting pretty good and washing his underwear out.
  • Organization.  I've tried and tried, really I have.  We have a filing cabinet. It has hanging folders, folders in those hanging folders and labels and everything.  Do I use it?  No, not really.  The bills go in an accordion file that is divided by month.  Everything else gets haphazardly stuck in the file cabinet.  I can find most of it but it does take some looking.  I keep hoping that I'll get more organized, but I just can't keep it up.
I've heard that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, but expecting different results.  I don't clain total sanity--I do have kids after all--but There are certain things that I do over and over and I truly do hope that they will magically start giving more productive results.  
Do you do anything over and over for no good reason?  Do tell, and join Gretchen for more futile spins.
Second Blooming

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm still willing to help on the makeup front! :-)

    And I'm like you...I buy fresh veggies to cook during the week, but we never do and all I end up doing is throwing them away. It's just not worth it :-) But I'm not insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since all I eat is veggies I rarely have any go slimy but once in a while spinach goes bad in my fridge.

    That Bruiser is a stubborn little nut to crack. At least he is learning the great self-help lesson of doing his own laundry. :-)

    With your coloring all you really need is some brown mascara and maybe brown eye liner for makeup. It took me years of feeling like a clown when I put on all the makeup that magazines said I should be wearing to figure out that lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can TOTALLY relate to the lettuce and celery not getting used up before they go bad. And yet, I keep buying them. Go figure.

    And I'm very much the same when it comes to organization. I know what I need to do to keep important papers organized, and yet... it just doesn't happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to think that it's not insanity, it's optimism. I do the same thing with the greens, and I eat salad every day. I guess the greens just wilt faster than I can eat. I hate throwing rotten vegetables away!

    You are linked!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. same thing happens to me we never eat the salad before it goes bad we're just not fast enough

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails