Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day and MMMM

So we had a pretty nice weekend, even if we didn't go camping.  The winds kind of killed that one for us.  A pop-up camper and wind don't really play well together. So we stayed home and did garden work.
Nick really didn't have much he wanted to do for Father's Day this year. But Sunday morning inspiration hit and he and I attacked a garden area that needed some serious help.  The results:
The drab, overgrown area it started Sunday as.

One of the weeded and mulched flower beds

Another weeded and mulched flower bed.

The start of a new rock garden.  We need to get some ground cover and flowers for it, but it's a start.
We have sooo much more to do, but we had to start some where.  I really want to work over the vegetable beds we have and get spinach and lettuce planted.  They still have enough time to grow and I have "slave" labor in Turbo for watering purposes.

Now for MMMM.  This week is all about rock legends.  I'm going with some of my favorite rock adn roll hall of famers:
Alice Cooper--the original shock rocker with the timely School's Out:


Aerosmith with they're first number one hit: I Don't Want to Miss a Thing:

And then there's Van Halen with Right Now:
Hope the week is a good one!

9 comments:

  1. Great song choices! And your gardening efforts look amazing; I wish I had more patience for that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic picks! Loved them all.
    You little gardens are very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the transformation! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just doing something together as a couple is always great!
    Glad your garden is underway!

    Thanks for the hits.

    Happy Summering!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't want to miss a thing is definitely one of my favorites as is the group. Great legends that you have picked. I had a great time Rockin' with y'all! You definitely rocked the house my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the progress on your flower beds! Looks great! And I giggled over the "slave" labor comment for Turbo and watering - I was teasing Princess Nagger with that idea recently, too. ;) Love your song choices, especially Aerosmith! :)

    Walk This Way because I Can’t Dance in my Blue Suede Shoes with Jack & Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. You totally had me with Aerosmith for sure and Alice Cooper is a brilliant choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the music pics. Your flowerbeds look nice and neat! Wanna work on mine that need lots of attention. My husband though spraying RoundUp everywhere would solve the problem. Instead he killed my garlic and cucumbers.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails