Wednesday, October 9, 2013

WWTK-Bloggity Blog Blog

So this week We Want To Know blogging. And here we go with the questions:

1. What is your favorite thing about blogging? Meeting and making friends.  I have difficulties with in person meeting of new people.  Blogging has given me a way to meet people that sort of steps over all that uncomfortable first time stuff.  I don't have to feel shy and awkward.  I had one meet up in person (so far, Hi Gretchen) and since I had already met her through blogging, things flowed like we had known each other for years.  I guess in a way, we have.

2. Where do you find your inspiration for posts? Daily life for some, memes for others.  I have several link ups I like to participate in but most are fairly open ended and let me be creative, but give me a starting place. For the real life ones, well I live with three people of the male persuasion.  Stories have a way of happening.
3. Are there any blogger trends you follow? I don't think so.  I have met several different groups in the last four years and the group of bloggers has shifted as lives have changed. Blogging takes a commitment and sometimes things change and it's not fun any more. I get that.  But for me this is my outlet.  My link to other people who might understand and commiserate about the crazy, sad and triumphant things that happen to me.
4. Any trends you don’t like? I can't think  of any.  If I don't like a blog I won't follow it.  There are blogs for all kinds of things out there.  I stick to my corner and enjoy the blogs I do follow.
5. What advice would you give to a new blogger? Comment and join link parties and then comment some more.  It helps if you have something interesting to say.  Oh, and proof read for heavens sake.  Nothing stops me shorter than a very poorly written post.

Grab the questions and play along!
Link up with Kensie and Scriptor.  They would love to have you join in.

 photo WWTKbutton-1-1_zps2077872a.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way - my blog is my outlet! I also really appreciate and value the friendships I've made through blogging. I like my little corner just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it definitely is interesting to see the shifts and changes over the years and always sad to see some of my favorites drop off too, but in the end it is the connections and friendships that keep me going

    ReplyDelete
  3. I blog for the same reason, oh and also, get out of doing work at work, while looking like I'm very busy :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails