Thursday, July 26, 2012

Spin Cycle--Comedy Kids

This week the spin cycle is all about comedy.  Any kind of comedy you want--jokes, anecdotes, Comedy Central, comedy clubs, comedy movies.  Anything you want.
I have two boys who continually crack Nick and I up.  Turbo has been making us laugh since he could talk.  Bruiser started about the time he could walk.  I'm going to share a few stories that we still laugh about.

When Turbo was about two and a half, he had learned to count to 5.  One evening he was standing in the door from the living room to the kitchen and was proudly counting to five for us.  Nick looked at him and said, "OK smarty, that was great, but can you do it backwards?" 
Turbo looked at him for a moment and you could almost see the wheels turning in his head.  Then he whipped around so his back was to us and proceeded to count to five again.  Nick and I cracked up.  But we had to give it to the kid.  He was backwards when he counted.

Bruiser has taken to bowing when we praise him for going to the bathroom.  He puts his hand to his chest and bows saying thank you, thank you. All with perfect tone and pitch for an actor taking a bow.

Bruiser has been having issues with going to the baby sitter's.  He cries and says he will miss me.  Small amount of separation anxiety mixed with a healthy dose of manipulation.  This morning he calmed when Nick put him in the truck and was beginning to groove to the music from the radio as they got to the sitter's house.  Nick got out of the truck and went around to get Bruiser out.  When he opened the door Bruiser met him with, "Dad, are you really going to make me do this?" 
Nick said yes while trying to contain his grin at the perfect delivery from a three year old. 

So that is a peek at the funny our boys bring us each day.  And really if they didn't make us laugh, I think we'd have given them away by now.
Go see Gretchen for more comedy this week.

Second Blooming



5 comments:

  1. Priceless! I love the taking a bow after going potty. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. I love the counting to 5 backwards! That's one smart and funny kid!

    You are linked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic! Sprite makes me laugh every day with her little witticisms. I wish I had the time to write them down, I'm so bogged down with work and other stuff.. Blergh. I love reading yours though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always take a bow after I potty. Is that weird?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Especially the counting backwards one. So clever!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails