Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Random Stuff

OK, so Monday sucked.  It was truly a Monday in every sense of the word.  I am ready to move on to better days of the week.  That said let's random:
  • We have depended on the grandparents to help with kid care since Turbo was born.  We are in the home stretch--just another 4 months and Bruiser goes to school and then it's only after school care we will need from them.  We appreciate everything they have done for us.  But they do have their moments.
  • Yesterday afternoon we had to go rescue my mom on the interstate.  She had run out of gas.  In getting her back to the auto garage, she went through 8 gallons of gas.  It was 15 miles at most to travel.  We aren't sure what broke on her car, but something did.  The car is only 16 years old, and has something like 200,000 miles on it. She finally admitted she needs to get a newer car. She is just resistant because cars are so much more automated than the one she has now. She keeps claiming she doesn't want a car that's smarted than she is.
  • And to make the evening even more fun Nick's dad dropped a bomb on us about taking care of Bruiser.  It was such a fun evening.  Nick and I are scrambling to figure out a solution.  More discussion with Nick's dad is in the future.
  • Four months and Bruiser is in school and so many of these worries will be minimized. We really have been lucky. We haven't had to py tons for kid care, but I really wish Nick's dad was a better communicator.


  • In other news, I get a gas stove on Friday!  AND I will be learning how to cook all over again.  The last time I cooked regularly on gas was 1995. There will be something of a learning curve.  I'm looking forward to it, even if I burn a few things in the process.  Nick is way excited about gas.  He will be doing more cooking now. 
  • It will have a convection oven--baking will be better. I will totally be getting my bake on this weekend. I'm almost looking forward to trying to make cookies and bread and brownies.  My hips will hate me, but the guys will love me.
  • We have had snow off and on since Saturday night.  Winter can go suck and egg.


So how is your week going?  Got any random?  Go link up with Stacy!She who is now Random Queen, or our fearless leader of the random!
Stacy

4 comments:

  1. Your mom went through 8 gallons of gas in 15 miles? Definitely something wrong - though I had to chuckle that she doesn't want a car smarter than her. ;)

    I bet you'll be doing a happy dance when Bruiser is in school so you won't have to worry so much. ;)

    Lucky girl getting a gas stove!! It's been *years* since I've cooked on one - if I hadn't been in such a hurry to replace our destroyed stove, I totally would have looked into maybe having gas run to get a gas stove. So much more precise cooking is enabled! Can't wait to read all about your stove adventures! ;)

    Sorry Mother Nature isn't being all that cooperative - here's hoping she gets her act together for you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky you've got boys around to feed your baking to! I'm in such a baking mood these days, but I can't have that stuff lying around tempting me. I learned that lesson last weekend... I often wish I had a family to bake for! I mean, there's always my mom, but she'd prefer I didn't bring her too many treats! lol

    Hope all the childcare issues are resolved... and like you said, only a few more months to get through. Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. even with daycare there is hiccups Brocks closed early today due to weathr so I had to scramble for a sitter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so blessed not to have to work outside the home. I can't imagine what finding reasonable and reliable childcare for both my little one's would be like. The biggest problem, our town does not have even one childcare facility. It's insane but it's true!

    SNOW??? I'd be crying. Hope you get warmer weather very soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails