Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge Time

And off we go with the questions:

1. When did you last have to interact, either by phone or in person, with someone in a government run agency? On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the experience? (10 being fabulous and 1 being pass the Tylenol)  Does calling the school count?  We had to do a lot of calling to let the school know Turbo was out sick.  The experience was fine, so a 6 on the scale.
2. The current governor of Wisconsin is considering a run for President next time around. Walker attended Marquette University, but never graduated. In terms of any candidate running for the office of President (not asking here if you agree or disagree with Scott Walker's politics) would the lack of a college degree influence your vote or no? Would that be a factor in your support of any candidate running for public office, even a role less weighty than President?  Finishing college is a benefit, but not for everyone.  Finishing does prove you can see something through to the end, so there's that.  I guess as long as the politician was honest about not finishing, it wouldn't bother me if they do the job they were elected for.  Competency is not measured by pieces of paper that say you did something.  It's measured by the things you do and do well.
3. When did you last visit a place or site named for George Washington or Abraham Lincoln, and what was that place or site?  THe rest area about 5 miles out of town is set on the highest point on I80.  When the highway was US87 it was named the Lincoln Highway.  There is a bronze bust of Lincoln that looks over the interstate.  We pass it every time we head east out of town.

4. February 16th was President's Day in the US, but did you know it was also National Almond Day? I didn't think so : ) Do you like almonds? If so, what's a food/dish/recipe you enjoy that contains almonds?  I like munching almonds--raw ones and smoked ones.  I also enjoy a good almond chicken from the Chinese place in town.
5.The television program Saturday Night Live celebrated it's 40th anniversary this past weekend. Were/are you a fan of the show? If so what has been your favorite (or one of your favorite) skits, sayings, or characters that came out of the program?  I was a default fan from hearing about it in the late 80s/early 90s.  The time of Mike Myers, Dana Carvey, John Lovitz, and so many others.  It wasn't long ago when we introduced the boys to Wayne's World the movie and Turbo at least, liked it.

6. Anything purple within ten feet of you? What is it?  Nope. 
7. Back in December I asked you to submit a question for a future HP as part of a giveaway I was hosting. I grabbed this one from those entries, submitted by Zoanna who blogs over at Penchant for Pens. Thanks Zoanna!

She asks, "How often do you make your bed, and how do you like to make it-pull the covers all the way up over the pillows, tuck the covers in around the pillows, or place all the pillows on top of the covers?" 
We just pull the covers up to the pillows and go with it.  The only time the bed it truly "Made" is when I change the sheets.
8. Insert your own random thought here.   So after a rocky start on Monday, I have found most of my ambition and motivation.  Let's see it I can keep it up for the rest of the week. We are supposed to get weather this weekend, so it looks like it will be an at home kind of weekend. A snuggle in sort of thing. How about you?

7 comments:

  1. We've had a lot of 'in the house' weather. Our roads get cleared, but the temperatures are ridiculous. It's mid morning and currently 9 degrees. It was -6 when I went to the gym early today. Not a fan of these arctic temps, but I don't mind the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could have a stay home kind of weekend but the boys finish up soccer and then they're going camping. Then Sunday we have to search for a new washing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not planning much for the weekend....
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha. Love your answers. I think some of them were made for you like the Lincoln monument. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really cant get motivated while I have to stay indoors all the time...because of snow and ice.
    Katie atBankerchick Scratchings

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather like you and I have had will definitely put a damper on the ole motivator. But sunshine is coming! Spring always comes,I tell myself. :) And it's good I am the kind of person who loves naps and sitting with needle and thread while the world goes by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww...Wayne's World! "Party time"

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails