Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Hodgepodge Wednesday

Here we go:

1. Have you ever written a love letter? Have you written one recently? Had one written to you? Did you keep it? I wrote love letters to my husband back when we were first going out and lived 300 miles apart. That summer we saw each other rarely, but were able to send letters so we wrote each other a lot. I have not written one recently, unless love texts count.  I often send a quick love you text to Nick when he's out of town now.

2. What's a movie that ends in a way you especially love? It's cheesy, but I love the way Rock of Ages ends. I love a feel good ending with the implied happy ending.  I'm not one for an ambiguous ending.

3. Something that makes your heart sing? And for those of you who are parents, I mean something besides your children that makes your heart sing? Seeing a glorious sunrise or sun set makes my heart sing.












4. What's the last event you had to attend, phone call you had to make, routine task you needed to complete, or meal you had to prepare, that you did do, but only half-heartedly? Dinner last night was a half-hearted affair.  It was just warming up left overs but I was not really excited about it.

5. Tuna fish salad-yay or blech? If you said yay, how do you like your tuna salad prepared? Hey, this is the Hodgepodge, right?  I'm OK with tuna fish salad, but I like it with sweet relish, boiled eggs and plenty of garlic powder, onion powder, dill and lemon pepper for seasons.  mayo and mustard to round it out.  I especially love it with saltine crackers and I eat it almost as a dip.  Not one for tuna fish salad sandwiches.

6. What's something you 'know by heart'? How to make my version of Chicken Cordon Bleu.  I've made it often enough and it's simple enough that I can make it anywhere.

7. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, what two or three word phrase would you write on a conversation heart for someone you love? That someone could be a spouse, child, parent, cousin, bestie...anyone at all whom you love.  Together Always for my hubby.  Sweetie Pie for Bruiser.  Cool Dude for Turbo.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. We have hit the blah part of winter.  All my motivation has flown south.  The urge to snuggle in is strong.  However, I am still getting things done around the house.  Kind of.  Anyone want to lend me their motivation mojo?

4 comments:

  1. Winter is good for snuggling! I'm still ready for spring, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so this is not exactly the best answer and is not me selling you anything but I got into this essential oil thing and it has helped me immensely! Winter kills me (even in FL) and they definitely make me feel ten times better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of knowing recipes off by heart - but yes, I do have a few of those that I don't even have to think about, I just throw them together without thinking about it - my spaghetti sauce, lasagna, different soups... aaaand now I'm hungry. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in a bit of a mid-winter funk here too. There's a lot going on here at the moment, and I think I'm resisting some of the changes. Also, I have not had nearly enough sunshine or fresh air this month. Normally in the winter I can still get out and walk, but we've had so much snow and ice it's not safe, and they're saying these next few days will be the coldest yet. I wasted a lot of yesterday and am determined to accomplish something today : ) Spring is coming, and I bet with it comes your motivation. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails