Monday, October 8, 2012

Bakerama Mama

I think we all enjoyed the weekend (with the possible exception of Turbo for a while on Saturday).  It was relaxing to putter around the house, run minor errands, stay inside due to snowy, blustery weather.
Friday night, we hung out at home, had a friend and his son come over and talked.  The kids played hide and seek, even Brusier and were crazy noisy.  It was fun.
Saturday dawned snowy and quite cold.

We headed out into the weather for a grocery run, which ended with haircuts for all the guys.  We did have fun trying to find a coconut for Turbo--the one at Albertsons that was left was already cracked open, and the first one we got from Safeway was moldy inside.  The second one from Safeway was good to go.  the hermit crabs really liked the fresh coconut treat they got.  Now I have to figure out what to do with the rest of the coconut.
For the rest of Saturday, we sort of hung out inside being warm, and cozy due to the weather. Nick and I used up a few of the green tomatoes we got from his parents and made a wonderful salsa verde.

I got a bit of a nap, Nick grouted the new hearth area where the wood stove in the basement goes. Turbo got all drama king about being bored.  It was mostly that he didn't get his way when he wanted to. Might be a bit of spoiling going on there that we need to nip in the bud.  The other part might be being to sick to do anything, but not sick enough to enjoy being a lump on the couch.
Saturday evening I made two loaves of pumpkin spice bread. Everyone was quite excited that this bread was being made--it's a fall kind of bread, but oh so yummy.
Sunday was a kitchen day.  I made chocolate chip cookies using this high altitude recipe from Gourmet Mom on the Go. They turned out awesome.
The cookie jar we have counter space for now.

Filled with goodness.

I also made cinnamon rolls using a recipe from the bread machine I have.  They turned out to be the best cinnamon rolls I've ever made.  I like the caramel rolls and these made delicious ones.  the guys like them too.

Saturday I also got my Swapoween package out in the mail.  I'm looking forward to seeing whom my package comes from.  It should be here in a couple of days.  Then decorating for Halloween will begin in earnest.
What did you do this weekend?  If I keep cooking like this, I will end up to big to go anywhere.  But it sure tastes good.

10 comments:

  1. Alright. I will be over in 5. Don't eat all the salsa. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for my package to show up! I have started putting decorations out but have a few more cute signs to put in the yard, along with my cemetery scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weekend, with exception to the weather, sounds like mine! We made butternut squash soup, chicken noodle soup, greek yogurt chocolate muffins, and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, all of it yesterday.
    John made me bring the cookies to the office since he didn't want the temptation in the house, but still, a lot of food yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG snow already say it isn't so

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still can't believe you have snow!! I hope we see some before March. Your caramel rolls look soooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...I can't look at those delicious cookies...makes me want to break my diet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow already?! Wow! Sounds like a wonderful, cozy weekend for your entire family. Yay! :)

    I can't wait to see what you send out for Swapoween, and what you get! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got snow! Cat was just telling me on Saturday that she can't wait for snow ... will have to see if we get any this year.

    Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, look at that snow! Shanley came home for fall break last week, so we had such a nice time having the family together again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your weekend was definitely better than mine. I love cinnamon rolls but never make them because of the time it takes. Making them in the bread maker was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails