Wednesday, June 8, 2011

WWTK--Easing Back In

Well, after a trip to the doctor and a lovely prescription for antibiotics, I'm starting to rejoin the living people.  I'm still not quite 100% so I'm going with the ladies of We Want To Know to post today.  This week's questions are from Janette.
Impulsive Addict, Janette, Mamarazzi and Seriously Shawn want to know:
  1. Everyone seems to have a quirky family situation--what is something unique about your family dynamic?  Nick and I seem to be fairly normal, but Nick's dad tends to hold grudges and right now does not talk to most of the rest of the family on that side.  Nick is the filter for news--at this point mostly who dies, the consequence of an aging family.  For my side of the family--I get news from my mom but the rest of the family on that side is pretty far flung and I was never close to any of them.
  2. What is the most stressful aspect to blogging (aside from the network going down)?  I have had moments when I have looked at my screen and the blinking cursor and wondered what exactly to write.  Other times I have wondered about how to fit everything I wanted to into a week. Truthfully, I don't find blogging to be stressful--it's relaxing and gives me a connection that I can't make in real life--finding friends in real life is tough in my smallish town.
  3. We all end up on a blog at some point in our day, but name your top 3 favorite websites you flock to daily (non-blog)!  Facebook--yes I have been sucked into the Facebook world.  I check it at least two or three times a day. LOLcats--I like to have a smile a couple of times a day.  Dear Abby--I'm a sucker for reading advice columns.  I think because no matter how bad I have it there is always someone who writes in who has it worse.
  4. What's your sign?  Believe in it or not, does any part ring true to you?  I am on the cusp of Leo and Virgo--I'm usually the last day of Leo, but on occasion I end up as a Virgo.  I tend to read both and usually the Virgo fits better.  Virgo traits fit me better too.  But I read both and go with the one I like better.
  5. IceCream!! ICECREAM!! We all scream for icecream! Name your favorite flavor/brand!  I like just about any flavor--my tastes change according to my moods, but Ben and Jerry's is never bad and locally I prefer to get Dreyer's.  I love Rocky Road, Butter Pecan, Strawberry, and Peach Pie, and Pistachio and...
BONUS QUESTIONS:
Name the blog that brought you to the link party--Seriously Shawn, Mamarazzi, Impulsive addict and Janette--really all of them.
Future Question Suggestion:  What is your Guilty Pleasure TV?  What is your take on that most summer of activities--camping?
OK, now you can answer the questions and join in the fun.



Photobucket
 

17 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your health is on the upswing. This is the worst time of year to be sick IMO.

    Seems like there's a lot of Leo's on the cusp of Virgos around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about LOLcats and Dear Abby. In my case that's People of Walmart. Always makes me feel so much better about what I'm wearing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better.

    I can't find any good butter pecan ice cream. so I continue the search.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I know your birthday!! :) Mine is the 21st!

    So true about the Dear Abby.-- you feel bad until you read someone else's misfortune.

    Happy Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you are finally starting to feel better!
    Dear Abby's are fun to read.. sad too but I always think I'm bound to find someone who has the same problem as me and I can get some free advice!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate the blank screen writers cramp. It is coming all to often these day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're feeling better!!

    mmmm...butter pecan ice cream....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love butter pecan but whenever I get ice cream, I don't order that or buy it in the store. It's weird. Maybe it's b/c my grandparents always had it and it was special at their house only.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crackbook. It's got EVERYBODY addicted...except for my brother who refuses to get one. I'm not sure why. Maybe he's against addictions.

    Someone else that I just commented on was also on the same cusp and they felt like they were a Virgo too! That's cool!

    I've never tried Ben and Jerry's. Isn't that weird?

    I love that you follow all of us! I'm writing down your questions before I forget!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a mint chocolate chip fanatic. I see the familiar green and lose focus on everything else. Even if I go into the parlor telling John I'm going to be different, I veer right for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG My dad is a HUGE grudge holder too!!! WTH is up with that??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. have you seen damn you autocorrect? thats funny and lamebook too they make me laugh a lot

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love me some butter pecan ice cream! Yummy! Your FIL sounds like mine lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting stuff!

    And don't forget mint chocolate chip!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh, sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. I didn't know Dear Abby still existed, that's pretty funny. I suffer from not knowing what to blog about, have been taking month long breaks because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. mmm peach pie ice cream i love that one too.

    i can't remember what else i wans gonna say all i can think of is icecream.

    hey did you know you won the giveaway last week? Superkid Capes..yours!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails