Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Skew--On the Olympics


The Third edition of the SkEW.
The Olympics
Does anyone really even give a "skate" anymore?

I must admit, the Olympics are a hot topic in our house.  We enjoyed watching the Summer games two years ago but these winter ganmes are more entertaining to us.  Nick and I had been together almost a year when the 94 games were on.  Those were the first winter games I remember watching.  We have watched them ever since.  I like watching the skiing and snowboarding and skating-both figure and speed. 

Turbo made it through most of the Opening Ceremonies, but fell asleep before the torch lighting.  Turbo always wants to know who to root for, since there is no uniformity in the uniforms worn by Americans.  He likes to watch the skiiers going fast down the hill and ask when he can do that.  We tell him when he learns to crosscountry ski better.

It's kind of nice not to wonder what we will watch because we just watch the Olympics.  However, I'm not too fond of some of the commentary.  There are times when I wish they would just shut up and let me watch what's going on.  At times I think they are just rambling the fill the air time.  They don't really say anything constructive half the time.  THere are times when the fluff pieces are ridiculous.  But we will keep watching and admiring those athletes who are doing their best and entertaining us at the same time.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't gotten to watch much of the Olympics, but the commentators can be irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of like the "Fluff". Knowing where people come from, and a little of how they got to the Olympics.

    PB and I started dating when Lance was winning the Tour De France. Mmmm, snuggling and watching people go fast on bicycles. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been glued to the TV since the Olympics started, we have been watching them and of course, my 3 1/2 year old is loving the wipeouts while I panic every time I see one.

    I guess being held in Canada makes them more special for me but for now, we are very entertained watching them. As far as the commentators, use your "mute" button, that's what I do during commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We haven't been watching as much as in past years. Things have been too hectic around our house to pay attention to tv. :(

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails