Monday, September 16, 2013

Now That the Rain Has Come, and Gone

So we finally got to see the sun this morning.  That last time we saw it was last Sunday. That was a really long time of off and on rain, sometimes heavy, for 7 days.  We were lucky and didn't get the flooding that happened south of us in Colorado. It did usher in a more fall like feel, but got kind of dreary after a while.

Friday evening I got a girl's night out.  We had drinks, conversation, and then headed home. Once I got home, Nick had a friend from college who was in town for a visit so we had drinks on the back deck.  I maybe had a few too many.  Saturday morning was rough for me.  I was more than a little hungover. Haven't done that in a really long time.  I think what got me was the mixing of alcohols.

 Anyhangover, Saturday was mostly a bust for me.  I was a complete bum. Nick ran errands, helped his folks, I laid on the couch. This did not get any laundry done.  The dishes piled up. By afternoon, I was sort of feeling better and was able to resume more normal mom duties.

Sunday was a lazy day.  I got more laundry done (which has been mating in the dark and making an obscene amount of laundry). I even made dinner, clam chowder. However, Turbo came down with a sore throat and bruiser has a nasty cough.  So today, I'm home with them both as couch lumps. Fun times.

So how did your weekend go?  Hopefully better than ours did.  I could have done without the self inflicted brown bottle flu.

3 comments:

  1. We had a great weekend but I too suffer a bit from an over-consumption of alcohol, lack of proper sleep and too much sun. By 7pm on Saturday I was sleep.

    Sorry the kiddos are sick. Gives you another day to play catch up anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been hungover in a long time and truthfully, I'd like to keep it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we could get some of that rain out here. It is dry, dry, dry. Last time I had a hangover was after the Grease Sing-a-Long, when the mommies consumed quite a few Pink Lady cocktails. It makes you feel so stupid. How did I DO that?

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails