Monday, December 2, 2013

Lovely Long Weekend

This last weekend was more a mini vacation (or staycation) than a long weekend, but we really enjoyed it.
Both Nick and I took an extra day off to be home with the kiddos on Wednesday last week.  We puttered around the house, got the bird prepped, I made dinner rolls for Thursday and we had some fun with the boys.
Thursady we did the traditional Thanksgiving things--put the bird on the grill, watched the parade, had everyone over and ate way too much good food.  The turkey came out fantastic:
Bird going on the grill.

The results--very tasty!
The grandparents on each side live in town so everyone gathered at our house. 
I'm the blur in the middle--about how Nick and I spent the day making sure everyone had what they needed.
The food was fantastic and the turkey, which seems to last for ever most years, isn't lasting all that long this year.  We might get one more meal out of it.
The unconventional thing the guys did was go launch some rockets. they got three launches, but one of the rockets didn't fly that well. This does give us some idea of Christmas presents for Turbo.
Friday, I got up early and headed out to see what deals I could find--no real crowds except at Kohls.  I refuse to go on Thanksgiving, but shopping on Friday with a friend can be fun.
Saturday we went to the mountains to get a Christmas tree.
Not tons of snow, but enough to have some fun in.

The dogs loved getting out and running.
Then on Sunday we decorated the tree.  It's mostly done now, lights, ornaments, but I still have to put the garland on.  Just strings of silver beads, but it completes the tree.


So how was your thanksgiving weekend?  Long and relaxing or too short?  I wasn't thrilled to head back to work today, but it was just about time.
Now for Monday's Music Moves Me.  Christmas music is the theme--what else could it be now that December is here?
Silver bells by Bing Crosby:
Bing Crosby again with White Christmas:
And again with It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas:
So a bit of nostalgia for The beginning of Christmas season.


9 comments:

  1. It looks like y'all had a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend. And, your home looks so festive. I just love that you went out into the woods to pick your own tree. That's so cool. It makes me think of the Griswold's in Christmas Vacation. lol Thanks for dancing with us on Monday's Music Moves Me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh yes, Bing always sounds like Christmas to me. I don't really care for turkey in leftovers but my parents ate it. Meanwhile, I had leftover ham all weekend long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heading out to get the tree sounds like a lot of fun. Well, launching rockets does too.

    You can't go wrong with classic Bing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these wonderful Christmas Classics. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you all had a great Thanksgiving! And then there is Bing! To me, Bing Crosby is Christmas music. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I t sounds like you had tons of fun and a good week.
    I love Bing and his voice.
    Have a good week,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh....LOVE Bing. Bing is Christmas!
    Looks like some fun in the snow. we did a lot of sledding this weekend thanks to all the snow we got.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh....LOVE Bing. Bing is Christmas!
    Looks like some fun in the snow. we did a lot of sledding this weekend thanks to all the snow we got.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photos.
    I'm glad you all had a wonderful time with family.

    Such memories to make and have.

    I enjoy the music too.

    Aloha :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails