- Would you rather take a road trip or fly? We do road trips all the time. I think, depending on where you are going, road trips can be more fun and less stressing. However, flying is more practical for some trips.
- Where is your favorite place to travel? I love going to the beach, we live in the Rocky Mountain West and beaches are scarce around here. But taking off for the mountains that are just a short 30 minute drive away is one of our favorite road trips to take in the summer.
- Do you have any sanity-saving tips for traveling with kids? Currently, there are several electronic devices that make travel in a vehicle with kids much more fun. We have several of these devices, but the one thing that makes our road trips go by in a flash is that I read out loud in the car. Essentially, I am the book on tape. Turbo loves having me read.
- If you could take a vacation without the kids, where would you go? I'd take Nick and head to Hawaii. Beaches, volcanoes, warm weather. Sounds pretty great for a couple of geologists.
- What is your favorite activity to do while traveling? Do you like to read, sleep, listen to music, or play games? I am a reader. I will read anything, but I love taking trashy tabloids and magazines on a trip with me. Especially if I am flying. I also love my Kindle Touch for travel. Tons of books at my finger tips. Bliss. Not that we don't play car games. License Plate, Road Trip Bingo, a scoring game for wildlife that we came up with, Memory games, we've played them all a time or two.
- Is there a place you would travel to just for the food? I don't think so. I like to go see the sights, but food hasn't been a priority. Maybe Maine during lobster season...
- One of my goals is to someday come home to a clean house, but it hasn’t happened yet! When you leave your house for vacation, is it messy or clean? We try to have it tidy. I like to have the dishes done, things straightened up, laundry done. Just so it's easier to come home and then make a mess with the things we bring home.
- What is one thing you would never travel without? A book or my Kindle. I am seriously lost without something to read. So I make sure I have things to read all the time.
- My husband cannot sit still for very long on vacation; he has to be constantly on the move. How about you? Would you rather have a relaxing vacation or have activities planned from morning ‘til night? I can sit and read and relax and enjoy being in one spot, but Nick and the boys like having things to do, even if it's just playing in the water. Not that I'm opposed to amusement parks, water parks, museums, and other attractions. I just like relaxing and doing nothing more than reading too.
- If you could photograph (or see) any place in the world, where would you go? Alaska. That would be the one cruise ship I could get my hubby to go on. Although, I would love to take the train from Denver to California. A train ride though the Colorado Rockies and then the Sierra Nevadas sounds absolutely fantastic.
Thursday, January 22, 2015
So Ginny is asking questions about traveling. You can answer a couple or all of them. I think I'm going to answer all of them as we really like traveling around these parts.