- A promise to myself to get active. Walking, exercising, running, something to get me moving. If I could figure out a way to read while doing an activity, I'd be so much more inclined to exercise.
- Start adding a new recipe at least once a month to our menu plan. I have succeeded in coming up with a menu planning routine that works fairly well for us. Now I just want to shake up the rotation of meals and recipes. Some of this is in hope that Bruiser will try new foods and get more variety in his eating habits. A mom can hope!
- Get out camping and hiking this summer--biking as well. Now that Bruiser can ride a bike we can all go on bike rides. We also need to take the kayaks out with some regularity.
- Get my scrap book room set up. This one will be fun to get organized and I should be able to get some work done on several scrap books that I need to finish.
- Institute a date night with Nick. I'm aiming for once a month. Turbo is old enough to watch Bruiser for an hour or two, which let's Nick and I go out for dinner, a walk, a drink, something outside of the house together. If I can swing twice a month, all the better.
Friday, January 9, 2015
Friday 5--New Year Promises
So, after having had a full week of 2015, it's time to do my promises for the year. I do promises instead of resolutions. Resolutions are grand and easily broken, but promises are a bit easier for me to keep. So in keeping with Emmy Mom's Friday 5, here are five promises I want to keep this year: