Wednesday, February 20, 2013

WWTK--School Daze

 WWTK is asking about High School.  Admittedly not my best years, but I survived them.  Here we go:
  1. Describe what high school was like for you. Include details like where you went, your dedication to certain subjects, etc. I attended Buffalo High School in Buffalo, Wyoming.  Small town--3200 population.  My high school had 300 kids in it total.  I was a nerdy geek.  I swam, was on the forensics (speech) team and participated in plays.  I was not quite straight A but close, on a college prep track.  Never popular, and oh so happy to go away to college.
  2. On a typical Friday night in high school, what could you be found doing? At home, unless there was a swim meet during swim season, or a play or practicing for a speech meet.  Yeah, not a partier until after I got out of high school.
  3. Did you own a car in high school? I had a Plymouth Champ when I got my driver's license at 16.  Gold colored and had the worst heater.  There were mornings when I had to scrape the inside of the window to see out.
  4. Sum up your fashion sense in high school. Thrift store wanna be cool.  Never quite made it, but I tried. Of course this was the late 80s/early 90s, so I use fashion sense loosely.  Pegged jeans, banana clips, acid washed jeans, oversized shirts, two pairs of socks, Keds, any number of bad late 80s fashions were seen in the halls daily.
  5. Have you attended any high school reunions? Nope.  Not my 10 nor my 20.  Wasn't really accepted then, see no need to go back now.
  6. {BONUS} If you have a photo and don't mind showing us, feel free! Hmmm, it's about prom time--here's one of me as a junior at the Junior/Senior prom:
Yep, me at 16 for prom.

Senior picture.
 Now go see Kensie and Scriptor for more high school flash backs!

 photo WWTKbutton-1-1_zps2077872a.jpg

6 comments:

  1. Considering the fashion disasters I've seen from my sister's high school pictures in the late 80's/early 90's - your pics aren't so bad!

    I don't think I even TRIED to be cool in high school. I was horribly lame!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Senior pics are always so cheesy; I'm not sure why photographers couldn't do better, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small town girl woot woot! When I was in high school my town was less then 2,000... I think we are a little over 3,000 now.

    Ahhhh pegged jeans, two pairs socks, Keds... you are preaching to the choir sista!

    You look good in your prom pic, I like your dress... the lace gloves though... haaa! Totally Madonna :)

    Fun post today!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pictures!! The 80's had such fun outfits - I participated in all of the "80's" days at school and had way too much fun :D Wow, only 300 kids? That's really tiny!
    Thanks so much for linking up with us :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails