Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Random Dozen--Labor Day Edition



1. Describe the best sandwich in the world, according to you.  I love French dip sandwiches.  We make awesome ones at home--with Swiss cheese and mushrooms and we dip them in consume.  Just makes me hungry to think about them.


2. Which inspires you more: a good conversation, a song, a book or movie? I get inspired by music, but love a good book.  And I won't turn down a good conversation.  So I guess all three.

3. What is your favorite board game?  Trivial Pursuit.

4. As you grow older, are you more or less patient with small children? I have small children at home now, so I guess more patient, most of the time, but they have such a knack for doing the one thing that gets on my last nerve.  Talented little suckers.

5. Name one item you never let yourself run out of.  Lotion.  It gets really dry here and without lotion, my skin just gets so dry and itchy.

6. Do you agree with Tennyson's assertion, "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?"  It's our experiences that make us who we are and if we don't experience things like love, we are not complete human beings, so yes loving and losing is better than never loving at all.

7. Name one national treasure or monument that you have visited.  There have been many--Yellowstone, the Tetons, Devil's Tower and Mount Rushmore are just a few in the last few years.

8. Which is more painful, to be disappointed in someone else or to be disappointed in yourself?  For me being dissappointed in someone else becasue I have no control over their actions and they can hurt me far more than I can hurt myself.

9. What makes your kitchen uniquely yours?  We have concrete counter tops we made ourselves.

10. Are you a crafty person?  Not even close to one.  My mom can do anything, my skills extend to scrapbooks and that's it.

11. What is your favorite traditional picnic or BBQ (cookout) food?  Spareribs on the grill with a recipe we found last Superbowl.  They are so good we have made them four or five times since.

12. Name one leisurely activity you enjoyed over Labor Day Weekend.  We went camping Sunday night.
 
And I just need to get the pictures of the new camper taken and downloaded and pics will be up, I swear.

10 comments:

  1. MMMM, I haven't had bbq ribs in forever. Now I'm craving them. :v)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother is really crafty and she makes it all look easy. My oldest daughter is also very artistic but the gene skipped a generation I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like trivial pursuit but even the kids questions are hard for me.
    Concrete countertops must be awesome. My son has a cocktail table in concrete from CB2 and it's so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love trivial pursuit, but no one in my family will play with me...:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. The older I get, the more I realize the importance of moisturizing. Yeesh. I get lizard skin if I don't have my lotion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love French Dips, too! Must be a Wyoming thing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not crafty either. Scrapbooks is about it and I haven't done that in ages. And my MIL just sent me a $50 gift card for Michael's Arts and Crafts for my b-day. haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made your own countertops? AND you say you ain't crafty! That is a talent I don't have! LOL!

    "they have such a knack for doing the one thing that gets on my last nerve. Talented little suckers"
    LMBO!!! They always can figure out what drive us crazy and they love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I suppose the counter top instructions are in line somewhere? Do you love them?
    Good for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails