Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas to all

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to every one. I get an unexpected vacation for the next week and a half--the university where I work takes the holidays off. I am looking forward to time with my kids and family and the joy that is Christmas and New Years.

Yesterday I got the first part of my baking done. I made some delicious pumpkin pie bread as Turbo calls it. I need more sugar for today and tomorrow. Turbo and I are making cookies no matter what. We are having friends over for clam chowder and seasonal cheer tonight. I got most of the things wrapped that needed it. Only a couple left to go. Score one for me on the Christmas front--I think the Christmas feeling is creeping up on me.

Tomorrow Nick and I are headed out to the chocolate shop for turtles, jelly beans, and orange sticks. I love dark chocolate turtles and I only get them at Christmas and maybe Valentine's Day. Nick is a fan of orange sticks, so we each get something we really like. I look forward to this trip all year. This is another tradition for us-the annual chocolate purchase for Christmas.

Tomorrow evening we will be at Papa and Nana's house for snacks and presents. Then everyone will be at our house Christmas morning. We are doing a brunch of sorts-maybe just late breakfast-well we are eating in the mid morning. Later we are headed over to another cousins house for a late Christmas dinner. This lets Turbo get some time with cousins that are his age. I think Christmas will be fun and enjoyable for the whole family.

I am wishing good memories on all of you and hoping that your Christmas is fun filled and turns out the way you would want it to.
Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails