Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas vacation

Turbo's last day of school this year is today. He goes back on Jan. 5, 2010. He gets a nice long vacation at home. I don't remember getting that much time off at Christmas. As a kid we got out of school about three days before Christmas and were back in school shortly after New Year's Day. Turbo gets two solid weeks off.

Oh man, do I need to come up with some stuff to keep us all from going stir crazy. I can't just kick him outside like in the summer, it's too cold out. There are only so many times he can go visit the neighbor girls (and I can only handle having the group at our house in limited amounts of time).

We have baking on the list, repeated discussions of Santa's imminent arrival, decorating the front windows, repeated requests to leave his brother alone, watching Christmas classics(Charlie Brown, Grinch, etc.)and repeated requests to leave the presents under the tree alone. It remains to be seen who cracks first. While getting through next week will be an interesting challenge, the following week should be easier. I'm off work and will be home with him and Bruiser.

the week between Christmas and New Year's, we plan on cross country skiing, sledding, and letting Turbo play with the stuff he gets for Christmas. There will also be lots of lying around doing nothing(my favorite).

This is Bruiser's first Christmas. I know he won't remember much but we will and so I hope things go well. We are keeping things low key and easy on everyone. I just hope everyone enjoys the day.

On a different note, it was so weird to type 2010. I'm not sure I'm ready for the next decade. Man, time does fly as you get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments! They make my heart go pitter-pat! Go on comment--I'll do my best to go give your blog some love too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails